Monday, June 6, 2011

A Summer Bucket List

Summer is coming up quick and I want to make the most of it. I was thinking about scheduling out beach days and park days, but then I ran across this idea on Tatertots and Jello and we are going to make a summer bucket list. We made a list of the things we want to do this summer and we are putting them in a jar to pick from. It won't be an everyday thing (really who can do that unless they have a maid and a chef, right?), but we will try to do it a couple days a week. This is what is on our list:

1. make giant bubbles
2. make homemade ice cream
3. make a trip to Utah
4. have a Hot Wheels/Otter Pop stand (Micah's idea)
5. go bowling
6. go miniature golfing
7. play night games
8. make s'mores
9. go to the zoo
10. go on a picnic with bikes
11. go to a $1 movie
12. write a story
13. go to the pool
14. visit the library
15. have a PJ day
16. make dinner for another family
17. do service for someone
18. build a fort
19. see the tidepools and beach
20. do some start gazing
21. go to a free concert
22. have a no electronics day
23. wash and detail the car (I hope they think this is so much fun!)
24. have a scavenger hunt
25. have a weenie roast at the beach
26. have a dance party
27. make a piece of art
28. have a bug hunt
29. take the ferry to Balboa Island
30. try a new beach

Any other suggestions? I think this will make for a fun summer! So what are you doing?

3 Quick Thoughts:

Becky and Ben said...

That is such a good idea. Many of those things I have always wanted to do with my kids. Actually writing them down and doing them would be great this summer. We are hoping to go on a real vacation this summer. We have ideas to fly to see my parents in Chicago, visit family in Seattle, or just go on our own to Vegas.

Mrs. Case said...

s;mores are at the top of my list! i feel extra pressure to cramp in as much fun summer stuff as i can since my summer will be cut in half, lol. i love the "do something for others" part. that should be on everyone's list!

Sarah said...

ummm han gout with me?? You guys are so much fun, Iove it!!