Friday, June 10, 2011

What a week!

I'm not too good at blogging anymore, but I will try to stay on top of it a bit more. Anyways, luckily, even when days go by quickly around here, I can always go back through in pictures and remember what happened in the blur!
This is what happens when you put your hair in rollers around B. Monkey see, monkey do!
I was feeling a little overwhelmed this week, so that is when I go hang out with my mom and the kids enjoy park time. I am so blessed to have a mom that understands me. She was a stay at home mom too and knows how crazy it can be sometimes, so I get to spill my guts out to her and she gives me great advice. She had to remind me to live day to day and not try to plan and think out life as a whole. Duh, right? Sometimes it is the most obvious stuff that we don't clearly see!
Anyways, here are my kids enjoying the outdoors. Bottoms up!
Hellooooooo down there.
They are so good to each other. OK truthfully, it is Micah that is really patient with his bossy little sister.
There she is. She asked me to bury her feet.
I don't think I get enough photos of him since he is at school all day. Handsome boy!
Wednesday, Brooklyn got to go to her very first gymnastics lesson. She calls it gin-nas-tics. Anyways, she was pumped and thrilled to be there.
She was doing really well following instructions. Why do they always listen better for someone else?
Learning to tumble.
...and the finish!
The princess is out. Peace!
Thursday was a bit crazy for us. The day started out as normal, but then I got a call from Micah's school saying that he was sick and had a fever. When I got there to pick him up, they told me it was 103! I took him home and got him medicine, had him lay down and gave him cold drinks. After a nap, his fever still hadn't broken, so I put him in a cool bath. He started shaking. It was the saddest thing I had ever seen. I started to cry. I know, way to be the strong mama, but I was so upset to see him that sick. Well, I got it back together and laid him down again with cool cloths and called the dr. After a talk with the advice nurse, another dose of medicine and another nap, the fever finally broke and he was back up and running!

3 Quick Thoughts:

Ali said...

That must be so fun to watch her do gymnastics...and she looks THRILLED to do it!! Cute, cute.

Brynn said...

Where is she doing gymnastics?? That is so fun!!

Carrie Braunalicious said...

Poor Micah! Glad the fever broke.
B could not be a cuter little gymnast. LOVE the little arms up at the end of her trick!
I hope I tell you this all the time, but I think you are a fantastic mom.