Tuesday, December 6, 2011

All the little stuff

I love Christmas!  Yes, it can be stressful getting things bought, wrapped, and so on, but I love it.  What I love the most are all the little parties and all the activities that make Christmas special.  On Saturday, we went to two ward Christmas parties.  We went to our ward breakfast, but then Santa wasn't there.  How dare they make Christmas about Christ at a church event!  Ha ha  We decided to head to my parents ward party and luckily, they had Santa at the very end.
 The kids looked pretty unsure of him, but then got comfortable and told him what he wanted.  For the record, Micah wants a Hot Wheels Mega Blitz Garage and Brooklyn wants a purple princess dress up.
 Sunday we got together for our normal Sunday dinner with the family.  My mom got a gingerbread village kit and we all got to work.
 Chad helped Brooklyn with construction.
 Micah decided he was better at making cookies than gingerbread houses.
 Brooklyn holding the sides of the house.
 Troy taking his art very seriously.  He made an outhouse.
 Shelby and her bf made a cottage.
 Taura working on her roof.
Our A frame all finished with a little tootsie roll man to boot!  Yes, it was a shirtless activity.  Just be grateful I wasn't in this picture!  Ha ha

2 Quick Thoughts:

Kristyn said...

Love that Troy made an outhouse!

Just saw your comment on my blog (they get emailed to me) and I would loooooove to talk photography with you at Xmas! Seriously. I could talk for hours on this subject. Think of some q's you have and we'll go to town on it.

Carrie Braunalicious said...

Awesome! And I totally want in on the photography discussion with Kristyn :)