Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Chaotic Christmas

Is it just me or does Christmas time feel a little frantic?  I know, I should simplify and all that, but sometimes things just happen.  We are trying to figure out things with Micah.  I guess it really isn't all that big of a deal, but to me anything that has to do with my baby makes my stress level go up.  So I decided to take a mommy's night out with a friend to get away when I get a phone call from Micah.  He said daddy's ear was hurt.  Well, in the hour or so since I left the house, Chad and the kids were playing on the floor and Brooklyn got Q tips out for some reason.  Micah grabbed one and shoved it into Chad's ear.  Well, I headed home and convinced him to go to Urgent Care.  Again, I think that term is used to loosely because they were closed at 5 on a Friday.  Anyways, the next morning he went in and it turns out his ear drum is punctured.  He is literally deaf in that ear (he says he can hear about 30%).  The doctor told him that he needs to be seen by an ENT.  He said that they will likely see how well it heals on his own, but most likely he will need surgery.  Bummer.  The timing isn't great, but it will work out OK.  I don't want to let things like this stress me out or take away from the joy of this season...it's just a bump in the road, right?

6 Quick Thoughts:

Carrie Braunalicious said...

AHH! No one is allowed to get hurt during the holiday-s doesn't Chad know that? Hoping that everything heals quickly and painlessly. OR you can just start using the, "Honey, I already told you. You must not have heard me" excuse.

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness! That is crazy?! What are the chances? But yes, you can't let these things stress you out, what is stressing out going to do, that's what I always say...I hope it heals on it's own!

Marcella Deter said...

ok, carrie's comment is hilarious. rachel, that is very stressful and you have the right to feel bummed and a little stressed about it. that is not easy to deal with at all. so sorry. i guess it can all teach us what a blessing it is to hear and to be grateful for the unnoticed blessings from Heavenly Father.

Jennifer Dyal said...

Ok...that seriously sucks. Totally random, but very noteworthy for bragging rights when discussing the most random moments. Speedbumps? Ya, but speedbumps are totally allowed to bug you. Looong hot showers are my remedy when I can't get away. Good luck! Enjoy the holiday, chaos and all! Love you!!!

Ali said...

Eeeyikes! I'm so sorry! That sounds awful. Something that would totally affect his day to day- but no one would have any clue anything was wrong...I'll say a little prayer it heals as much on it's own!

Kristyn said...

Poor guy!!! How sad of a story is that?!!