Thursday, December 15, 2011

Cookie time & Funnies

 Keeping the Christmas traditions rolling, we made sugar cookies today!  I actually bought my very first (and probably last) rolling pin today just for this!
 Brooklyn helped cut out the cookies.
 We kept it simple with a few chocolate chips and M&M's.
 Delish!
Yum!

Today as I was picking Micah up from school we were driving home and I pointed out how all the dark clouds were moving in.
Me:  Looks cold to me.
Micah:  Not to me.  Do you see there is a hole in the clouds?  I think Jesus is going to pop out of there.
Me:  OK, well probably not today, but maybe one day.
Micah:  Are Jesus and Santa the same guy?
Me:  No.
Micah:  You know, Jesus has a beard and Santa has a beard too.
Me:  Yep, you are right.
How do you explain things like that?  Sorry Micah, our culture dictates that I lie to you about Santa until you are old enough to handle it.  I am thinking it is better that I let you believe a lie than to let you be THAT kid at school that spills the beans and shatters childhood dreams for kindergarteners.  One day there will be a manual for this parenting stuff, right?

1 Quick Thoughts:

Chelle said...

I know! I love the Santa thing, but worry about it making faith confusing. I always remind Kaleb that Jesus is the "real" reason we celebrate Christmas...so hopefully it's in his subconscious on that horrible day when the truth comes out....