Monday, December 19, 2011

Could we be more festive?

 I don't think we could be cramming more joy, merry and fa la la in!  We have the tree trimmed, presents wrapped, stocking hung, fire lit and we are ready.
 We have visited Santa several times now.  He should have the kids gifts memorized by now!
 We have visited gingerbread displays.  Yum!
 Some little hands just can't keep to themselves!
 Can you believe the masts on this boat are all made of white chocolate?
 We visited the massive tree at Fashion Island.
 With Shelby, Grandma and Grandpa.
We also insisted on watching Elf with Joseph from our nativity set. 

As much as I wish I could say that I am just enjoying the heck out of all of this, I have to admit I feel like I am scrambling to find activities.  I feel like I am really good at taking care of the day to day stuff (meals, cleaning, errands, getting kids from place to place), but when there is a holiday, I am out of my element.  It could be the extra lack of sleep and increase of sugar intake, but I am feeling a little stressed.  I'm hoping I can let go and just get that fun tingle of the Christmas spirit before it is all over!  Oh to be a kid again.  Who wouldn't love that?  In the meantime, I am going to be taking the kids to the movies and ice skating and sending myself to bed early.  Goodnight!

1 Quick Thoughts:

Sarah said...

Looks like you guys are cramming in all the fun stuff to do at Christmas time! You could go to Roger's Garden, they always have fun stuff to look at there, and I think Santa is there too...what's one more visit :) I love the tree and fire too...so fun!