Sunday, September 23, 2007

Cravings....


So I have to admit I have been having some strange food cravings. Not off the wall, but my body definitely let's me know what I should and shouldn't eat. For instance, meat has just been a rare thing for me. I have been eating Subway Veggie Delights (with extra pepperoncinis) and every once in a while a bean burrito, but meat hasn't bee on my list. Anyways, tonight we were over at my mom and dads house for Sunday dinner (as always) and for dessert my mom had strawberries and ice cream. I decided to put a little twist on this and it may sound weird to you, but it was so good. I took Golden Grahams and crushed them up and fresh strawberries and mixed them up Coldstone style with vanilla bean ice cream. It was so good! So I am sure there are some of you out there thinking this must be strange, but you have give it a shot. It reminded me of a time when I was talking to me friends about what weird food combos they have in their families. Kristyn and the sugar on grilled cheese, Deb and the popcorn with chocolate pudding, my family with the peanut butter on pancakes (very yummy). I just wanted to know if anyone else out there has a particular food combo that is their thing. I would love to give it a shot!

4 Quick Thoughts:

Chelle said...

That actually sounds good to me...like a pie ice cream (with graham cracker crust). Mmmmm. Ok, I just thought of one I do have...I melt milk chocolate chips in the mircowave (you have to add a drop of oil so they don't burn), slice bananas on top & throw on some slivered almonds. I've been trying to eat this when I get a chocolate craving, because it's got to be more healthy than a snickers! (Kevin's not to sure about that). :) It's very yummy!

The Bradys said...

Pancakes and peanut butter..... thats funny cuz my family does peanut butter on waffles! Soooo good! My neice and nephew used to laugh at me and a few months ago when they were here they tried it and now eat it everytime they are here!

Kristyn said...

Paul's family eats a lot of things pouring milk over it. Like cake. Gag me.

lauren said...

ashley and i used to dip our pretzels in our peach or straberry yogurt. so good. i ate it when i was pregnant and grossed out some family members. but its good, go on give it a try.