Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Isolated kid



So, I have had my good days and I have had my bad days, but recently they have not been so good. On Monday, we had Music Makers which is this little music class for 1 to 3 year olds. I wanted him to be in it so that he would interact with other kids his age rather than just watching them. He gets kind of scared when they get loud and run around! Anyways, the class was fun and then we ran off to Old Navy to grab a new pair of pajamas for him. While we were shopping, Micah spotted the car and kept saying "mama drive." I don't think so kid! Then as we were leaving he found the bench that has the puppy on it. Normally you would push the button and it would talk, but it was broken, so Micah decided to ride the puppy. I took a picture of it and I will put it up as soon as I figure it out. Anyways, we headed home where we stayed the entire day. I was too sick to go anywhere. Tuesday I had to run out to Target to get a few things, so I literally brushed my teeth and went in my pajamas. So sad! That was our big outing for the day. On the way home, Micah saw the park and said "mama, go play." I told him mama was too sick to play and he was fine with it, but I felt terrible for him. He is a pretty content kid. Luckily, Chad came home and took him to the park for a while, so he hasn't been completely shut in! By the way, I had heard that Sour Patch Kids help with nausea, so I tried it and it worked for me. The down side is that all the citric acid burned my tongue!

4 Quick Thoughts:

The Bradys said...

Poor Micah, i told you lady... drop him off with auntie amy!!!!! Ill take the poor kid to the park hahahah Really though, you need your rest and i know how being prego sick goes. Dont hesitate to call and leave him with me! I know you would do the same for me :)

Kristyn said...

I wish I lived closer, I would come and take your child off your hands for a while! I have never really had nausea, but I hear there are few things worse. I hope it gets better! And good trick w/ the sour patches, even if it burns your tongue, totally worth it!

Chelle said...

Rach, you can call me to watch him if you need a break. Kaleb needs to play with kids his age too, but I haven't looked into classes or anything :) I think it might be the sour on the sour patch kids...I tried some special candies from Motherhood when I was prego & they were all sour flavors. Of course, they barely helped at all for me, but who know? We're all wired differently!

lauren said...

im so SO so SO sorry that your sickie... that really BLOWS! hopefully it goes away soon.anything sour worked for me, but only temporarily. how bout gingerale? that worked sometimes too. and dont be embarrased if you puke in public, i threw up at the park, the grocery store, and chevron! GOOD TIMES. (IT WILL PASS)