Friday, September 28, 2007

Out...like a light!


So I went to my first OB appointment today. It was early in the morning, so I dropped Micah off with my mom and headed over. I filled out paper work and all that and got into the doctor. I was so excited when he finally did the ultrasound part. I got to see my little blob. You could see it's heartbeat and everything. It just blows me away that something can form so fast! I was all ready to go with the picture of my little blob in hand when they told me they needed to take some blood really quick, so I walked back into the exam room and the nurse started taking my blood and we chatted and soon I was on my way out the door again. I stopped really quick to get my next appointment and started feeling funny. The nurse that took my blood walked by as I was putting my head down and I told her I was feeling faint. She told me to come back into the exam room and sit down for a second while she went to get me juice. I sat down and put my head back and I was OUT LIKE A LIGHT. The nurse said she came back as I was falling out of my chair and onto my knees. I just remember waking up to the doctor by my head and nurse on each side (these are by far the nicest nurses I have ever met!). I was totally confused at what had happened. Well, I was fine, but it took me a while to not feel light headed, so they didn't want me to drive. They call up my trooper of a husband who drops everything at work and comes running down to rescue me and drop me off at my moms. What a day! I feel OK now, but I think I am going to ask for a pass on the IV when I get to the delivery room. That didn't go over well last time. I guess I am weak sauce!

By the way, that picture is not my doctor, just a creepy guy I thought would be funny.

8 Quick Thoughts:

Janice said...

Hi Rachel~ Micah is so cute! Hope you are feeling ok after that incident at the Dr's...having blood drawn is no fun! I can't look and have to distract myself with something! Hope you and your fam are doing well!! ~Janice (Garlock) :)
williamsinc.blogspot.com

The Burnetts said...

You poor thing! Don't worry-I'm weak sauce, too...hope you are feeling better!

lauren said...

so sorry. but you have to get the iv if you want an epidural.... did u with micah? at least that needle you dont have to see.

Kristyn said...

I'm with lauren. labor pain is much worse than feeling light headed. hello!

By the way, did you see what I titled your name on my blog? Ha ha!! You called me it first nerd.

Jennifer Dyal said...

Oh the joys of pregnancy and doctors. When I was pregnant, I got gestational diabetes. I feel ya when it comes to blood drawing. I hated it! At least you have nice nurses. Hope you are feeling better!

Valley Girl said...

Dang girl!!! I think this time around you are getting all the crap... bummer!!! I am glad chad is taking such good care of you!!! You got a good one!!! Feel better babe!!! Let me know if there is anything I can do...I know it is tough cause I am soooo Far away....But still let me know. Love ya
~Val

Sarah said...

Holy cow!! That is crazy. If I passed out everytime I had to have my bolld drawn I would be alseep most of my married years! Well I am glad you are feeling better now. Chad is so sweet...awwwww

Chelle said...

How scary! At least you didn't pass out walking across the street or somthing! I get light headed when my blood is drawn...except when I'm prego. Weird. Did I ever tell you about me passing out when I first went to BYU? They were drawing blood for PE & the cutest guy in my ward found me on the floor in one of the buildings! So embarassing, I couldn't talk to him for the rest of the semestr!