Sunday, September 21, 2008

Busy

This week Chad's parents came down because they needed Micah time. They always come bearing gifts, so Micah was spoiled with toys and then taken out for lots of fun play time at the Spectrum. He LOVES his Ghee and Papa. He just wants to show them everything and do everything with them. This is a picture I couldn't resist taking. Chad had convinced his dad to try playing a new game and Micah came up behind him and draped himself over his Papa to watch. I thought it was so cute! I am so glad that my kids are so close with both sets of grandparents. They are so lucky!


We also continued to celebrate Chad and Ashley's b-days (their b-days are only four days apart). We went down to Dana Point Harbor for fish and chips and then later on in the day when my mom could join us, we went out to Pomodoros. Yum! If I look like I have put on weight, I probably have just been spending too much time with my family, they like to feed us!

This is a picture of my little fam vegging out. Micah laying on Chad to watch Spongebob and Brooklyn enjoying the company. She is beginning to be more enjoyable since the colic is starting to fade away. I thought it would never end!

I thought I would throw this one in since I was asked for this recipe a couple times. I made a SUPER simple layered cake for an enrichment activity on Saturday and it was gone before I even got a chance to eat any. Here is how it is made: Mercedes cake--Bake a white cake mix in two round pans. Let the cakes cool completely and cut each in half horizontally. In a separate bowl, cut one container of strawberries in slices and mix with a half tablespoon of sugar. In another container, use a large instant vanilla pudding and use 1 and 1/4 cup of milk and cream each. Let chill and firm up. Layer it up at the last minute to keep it from getting soggy. Cake, then cream, then strawberries, ending with the last piece of cake. I finish it with powdered sugar to make it look pretty. Enjoy!

2 Quick Thoughts:

Roberta said...

Thanks for the GREAT time with Micah and I loved holding Brooklyn, when she was not crying!
She is so CUTE, I just love her to pieces. Glad the Colic is getting less. Thanks for the picture of Don and Micah, I loved it!!!!!!
It was fun being with you all and look forward to Thanksgiving!!!! We should have a great time and lots of new pictures for the BLOG.
Love, Roberta

Kristyn said...

Sounds delish! And I'll have to try out that new restaurant - I'm always on the hunt for someplace new. Yum!