Tuesday, September 9, 2008

What have we been up to?

Micah has decided that he actually would like to acknowledge Brooklyn. Most of the time he just walks around her or waves, but hardly ever touches her. He asked to hold her the other day. Finally!

This is a picture of Brooklyn's hemangioma. I think I scared a few people with the picture I put up on the last post. That was a picture I pulled from the internet. Anyways, it is right up by her swirl. Thank goodness she has hair!

We have been going to the park a lot lately. I try to run one big errand and then take this wild and crazy kid out to burn some energy!


We are also saving the planet. We went to Project Playhouse over the weekend (thanks Carrie) which was fun and they were giving out these bags, so now they are my new grocery bags! I figure with all the diapers I go through, I need to help out in some way!

I have also gotten crafty. I decided that Brooklyn is going to be a lady bug this Halloween and so I went out and got all the things I needed to make her a red tutu with little black glitter polka dots. I still have to find wings and antennas. I am not sure what to make Micah. I ask him and he just doesn't get it. Any suggestions?

6 Quick Thoughts:

Carrie Braunalicious said...

LOVE the ladybug costume idea! You're such a good creative mom.
We're using the Project Playhouse bags as grocery bags as well (and you're so welcome- we had a great time with you guys). When we use non-disposable bags Nick always says, "I hugged the Earth today!"

Ali said...

That's such a cute little diva idea :) A tutu on a lady bug! So cute. I can't wait to see her in full costume...and curious to see what Micah finally comes up with? ...or what you come up with for him!

SUMMER said...

I am laughing that Micah just held Brooklyn for the first time!!! Too funny! And what is that Project Playhouse thing? I want some of those bags for the store... I feel like I go through so many too and need to help the earth!!!

Tanya said...

That costume is pretty darn cute.

Kristyn said...

How adorable is the little tutu? She will be the cutest little ladybug ever! And wow about Brooklyn's birthmark. Paul's niece had a stork's kiss(?) thing in between her eyebrows in the shape of a red V for the longest time. Kids don't even notice. How nice is that? And how nice that it should just dissipate on it's own too. I miss you Rach! It's been too long! Move to Az!

The Bradys said...

ok for one... love the ladybug tutu... so stinkin cute. i am impressed with how crafty u have become too my dear!!

two... i wont lie... u freaked me out with the picture of that birthmark thing. i knew it was from the interenet but i thought brooklyns was just as bad. u cant really see it thru the hair. hope its ok tho!!

three... we need to hit the park soon

four... as far as micahs costume goes. im just giving you major props for even attempting to make one... i couldnt do it if my life depended on it! ill try to think of something cute tho!!