Sunday, September 28, 2008

Whoops!

Friday my sister was kind enough to come by and wrangle the kids for us while Chad and I got down to some painting. Our front room has been pretty empty and lacking in color, so away we went and since we have HIGH ceilings, we got out a huge ladder to help out. At one point Chad was backing up the ladder without looking behind him. I was watching and kept thinking, he's going to stop, right...anytime now...oh dang! He bumped right into the wall. Now he had a beautiful shade of High Noon along the back of his shirt and shorts!

He HATES painting, but was such a trooper and helped me out. I am glad he went up on the ladder for me since I am afraid of heights. I went up once and was clinging to the ladder for dear life!
We are making progress. We ran out of paint, so we will have to try and convince Ashley to come back by and watch the kids again (maybe I should get someone else to watch them so she will want to have kids of her own some day) to finish up the rest and get some of those holidays. I did manage to finish covering the cornice box and put it back up. I still need to get white curtains to hang below.

I am thinking about getting a white sectional for the room to tie it all together, maybe one like this? This would of course have a removable cover that can be washed since I have kids!

I will be glad when it is done and I can have people over to enjoy it with me. Party anyone?

9 Quick Thoughts:

Chad said...

Okay a quick comment about the wedgie: When you're up that high, you don't really want to move at all since, you know, you're fearing for your life!

The Bradys said...

hahahaah i was about to comment on chads wedgie til i saw his comment lol lol lol too funny!

the room looks great! i love the fabric u did the box with too! great job!!!

Brooke and Aaron said...

We will gladly party with you anytime. The room looks great. The white curtains and white sectional will really pop against those colors in the cornice box and walls. It's looking good!

Tanya said...

That looks great, nice job!

Sarah said...

Wow! Good job! I love the wedgie picture too...serious blackmail! The room looks really great though! Good job! Did you say party, we are there!

Janice said...

The room looks great. You are brave to do a white sectional. I think it would look so fresh though.. I guess as long as the cover is removeable :)

Ali said...

Painting is HARD work...I'm glad you are getting it done! Woohoo! Pretty color...but not on chad's shorts...I'm sorry.

Rachel said...

I love the color. So fun, and the material you picked for box looks great. So fun to spruce up the house!

Kristyn said...

Where's the cover from? We bought one from Tarjay that was super thin (maybe they make them thicker now) and it developed holes and was pretty annoying. And ah, I love white! Couches, curtains, anywhere, it just gives a great breath of fresh air to a room! And you know I like parties. I'll be there. :)