Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Yikes!

This morning I woke up and was determined to be positive and have a good attitude. Attitude is everything, right? I walked out front where Micah was watching Spongebob and put Brooklyn on the floor. I got myself some breakfast and checked e-mails when I heard Micah say "I peepeed!" Low and behold, there was a wet spot left on the couch because he had overfilled his night diaper. No big deal...grab the Folex and spray and wipe. Change Micah and back to checking the last of my e-mails before turning to Brooklyn who has rolled over and beginning to fuss. I came around and caught sight of a yellowness around her side.

I flipped her over to see this:

Man, those Huggies just don't work! Well, I had to put her in the tub clothes and all and scrub her down. My sweet little helper Micah took her dirty diaper to the trash for me. Yuck, what a way to start the day! Well, everyone is dressed and clean now (especailly my couch and carpet) and I took the kids out for donuts since it is Shelby's last day of summer. We are going to make it a fun one for her. I can't believe that she is going to be in 7th grade tomorrow! Anyways, I wanted to add one more picture of this little girl asleep on the floor with her taggy. She loves that thing. We have found that putting music on at night calms her down and I am feeding her some cereal at night which is helping her to sleep longer at night. There is a light at the end of the tunnel!

4 Quick Thoughts:

Sarah said...

She is just so sweet...when she is sleeping, right?! I love that you took a picture of her covered in pee...I am still laughing..good times. It was fun to see you guys in church the other day, I am sorry we couldn't visit more! Good luck with everything, I think you are amazing!

Ali said...

Those are the kind of messes where you think- oh boy, where do I start? I got many of those in the hospital...but not with cute little babies. And although I've had that much experience with adult messes, I'm still dreading the baby ones. They are no fun...no matter what size.

bryan said...

ha.....Correct me if i'm wrong, but that wasn't pee. It's still a mystery to me how that happens.

Anonymous said...

YUCK!!! I think that was poop. I'm glad I wasn't there that morning. Hopefully, it didn't ruin the carpet.