Thursday, September 25, 2008

Helpful?

OK, first I had to start out with this picture:

What? Isn't this normal? Don't your kids use a lampshade as some sort of "blanket" when not covering a light bulb? What is really weird is that he has to go grab his pillow to make it like a real bed of some sort. I know, strange!

Well the latest around here is that Micah has taken an interest in potty training. I should be very excited and I pretend to be, but it has been a less than hygenic experience. My house smells of bleach and febreeze for good reason. Last night, I heard Micah say "Mommy I gotta go potty." I threw Brooklyn over to Chad and went running for the bathroom. At that point, he had already taken his diaper off and sat on the potty. I went in saying yeah Micah. Oh crud! The little protector cup in the front got in the way and pointed his pee pee straight up. He was a fountain! He has pee all over the front of his shirt and on the tile below him. He did manage to get some in the potty though and we celebrated. Tonight we had another fun potty experience. Chad and I were in the front room when we heard something going on in the bathroom. We looked back there to find Micah emptying a poopy diaper in the toilet. Problem is, there really isn't any poop going into the toilet. We then see him running back and forth from his room carrying poop and dropping it in the toilet. At one point, he actually picked one back out of the toilet! He was only being helpful, right? Yuck! Needless to say, all surfaces were disinfected and Micah was thoroughly washed. Hopefully, he will get better about getting it in the potty rather than around it!

12 Quick Thoughts:

Tanya said...

oh my Gosh... can I say yuck, potty training always has its specific joys...

Ali said...

I am so not looking forward to this stage in life! Especially with boys, I hear it's hard as all get out- Thankfully you are going through the roughest part, and then it should be easy breezy, right? I bet you'll love the way Brooklyn potty trains :)

Becky and Ben said...

Wow, that potty training stuff sounds really familiar. Brad's new thing is coming to me and telling me has to go pee-pee after he just did a big poop in his pullup. He is at the point where if I take him to the potty he'll go. But it is pretty rare for him to tell me he has to go potty (unless he already did it in his pullup). I try to stay positive, even though I wanna give up!

bryan said...

get rid of the pee guard if it comes off. It got in the way with kevin as well.

The Burnetts said...

rach...we did one intense day of potty training which involved soiling of every pair of underwear owned plus most surfaces in the house. We're putting it off for a little longer :) sorry to hear about the messes! That is no fun to clean up!

Russ and Debbie said...

Yeah Micah--even though there was a bit of a fountain issue. Hey... I thought of Micah last week when we were out at garage sales. I bought him a potty training book... then I read it in the car... and it was really stupid.... i have no clue why the even published it--it totally didn't get a kid excited about going in the potty... oh well... so i threw it away. :) Let's get together next week for another walk around the lake! :)

Brooke and Aaron said...

Oh yuck! The things we grow through as parents! Keep at it, especially since he's interested and hopefully sooner than later he'll be a pro.

The Bradys said...

HA! So cute! Way to go Micah....

PS. Remember when you wanted to start potty training him at like 18 months and i told u u were nuts lol u were soooo nuts hahahahahahah love it! Wy still has no interest either but im not pushing it this time. Sooo not worth it to me. I DESPISE potty training!

Carrie Braunalicious said...

You are a brave woman. I'm telling you, once Micah gets this thing down you and I are starting potty training boot camp and making millions.
Side note- I would LOVE to go to the Farmer's Market with you, and can't wait to try out the new one. Let'e leave all three kids with Nick one morning :)

Rachel said...

So funny! Made me smile with memories of my own. It is a step in the right direction for sure, so embrace it and run with it. Hopefully not for too long though. Thanks for making me smile!

SUMMER said...

Yeah for Micah on the potty! Isn't it funny how it is their time and not ours? LOVIN the lampshade blanket too... LOL!

ashley said...

thanks for the laugh micah. i love it.