Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Just spoon full of sugar...

I would have to say I am a pretty strict mom about sugary treats, but for some reason or another, this week I was a little lenient. On Monday, we went to Oak Park and met up with some friends to play and make our own candy jewelry. My mom did this for us when we would go camping. All you need is rope licorice (which is hard to find by the way so we used the pull-n-peel stuff) and Fruit Loops! The kids love it and love to wear them, before eating them of course!

Today we went to The Sweetspot in the Spectrum. You can go in and create your own cupcake. Micah chose a strawberry cupcake, green frosting, M&Ms, Oreos, gummy worms and sprinkles. Yum yum! Brooklyn wasn't too happy about sitting this one out. I think it will be a little while before she can get in the mix, but don't worry she got to sample that green frosting too!

4 Quick Thoughts:

Ali said...

Ooh, I like the licorice bracelet idea :) I want one for myself! That cupcake place looks fun too- you find all the great places to go! You, AND Michelle.

SUMMER said...

WHere did you get Brooklyn's cute binky?

The Trotter Family said...

It's from Target...where I practically live!

Becky and Ben said...

How fun! So did Micah eat the whole cupcake or just the frosting and toppings? Brad rarely makes it to the cake part of a cupcake. That was a fun idea with the bracelets. You are such a fun and cool mom!