Sunday, August 23, 2009

Some good news...

So in the process of getting our new condo, we found out that we can shorten the escrow time, sooooo we are going to be in our new place by the end of the month! Yay! It is going to be nutty, but we will be in our own place soon and we are both excited. I think my parents are too! I'm sure they will appreciate having their home back free of bottles, dirty diapers, and lots and lots of Matchbox cars!

Anyways, I am already daydreaming about decorating our new little place. I would love to try a paint treatment like this in one of the rooms, but I am thinking green on green might be more my speed.
We have a little living room, but I think the most efficient use of the space would be to get a sectional. It would be big enough to fit the whole family on and yet fit the size and shape of the room.
I am loving this rug and by the way, it is much cuter in person. It has a lot of personality and brings in a lot of warm colors. I'm hoping to put in little pops of red here and theresince it would tie in with the rug. Good ol' Target!
I think I will be getting some pretty paper lanterns in sherbet colors to hang over Brooklyn's crib. It would match her bedding perfectly and make for a nice alternative to a mobile.

As for Micah, I am thinking a fun chalkboard area in his room. I might regret it later, but I think he would enjoy being able to write on his walls without getting into trouble. He has a beachy themed room, so maybe I will have to make his chalkboards in the shape of surfboards.

So I have also been working on a couple little projects and picking out paint colors. Again, we are excited and hoping our tiny little place becomes very cozy for us!

8 Quick Thoughts:

Tanya said...

how very exciting. It will be so fun for your guys to have your own place and start making it your home. Have fun!!

Mommy of three said...

How much do you charge for interior design? :) I need a little bit of your decorative insight...will you share?

Kristyn said...

Very very cute. I've always loved your style, so I'm sure it will turn out awesome. And the rug is perfect.

Cecily said...

The rug is most excellent. It's on my watch list for my sister in AZ. I'm supposed to snap it up if I ever see it on sale or clearance:)

Carrie Braunalicious said...

That is GREAT news!!! I can't wait to see your new place- and tiny space makes for a cozy family, we've found (and I know you have too!)

Ali said...

How exiting! I can't wait to see what you really do with the place! I love all these ideas...

SUMMER said...

I need to come see your place now after you are done decorating. I am loving all these things/ ideas you have in mind!

Brooke and Aaron said...

That's great! Wish we could be there to help with the move. Have fun decorating you lucky girl!