Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A little late to the party...

Micah is a funny kid...I'm trying to remember that right now because he is in a stage where he is testing his boundaries and if I didn't remind myself of his good qualities, I might leave him at the grocery store screaming and crying. Anyways, he is hysterical and here are a few reasons why...

Micah just realized that my sister is pregnant. She is 5'2" and seven and a half months along, so she is huge. He looked at her the other day and said, "Is there a baby in your tummy?" Wow, a little late, right? She said yes and then he wanted to see her stomach and touch it. The next day he looked at her again puzzled and asked, "Did you eat your baby?" She said, "No, I didn't eat my baby. Do you know he is going to come out soon and want to play with you?" Micah says, "Really? You are going to have to open your mouth up real big so he can get out, like this." he then tries his hardest to open his mouth as wide as he can. "Something like that." This of course led to the big questions later on "Where do babies come from and how do they come out?" Yikes, I think he is too young for the talk, right?

Micah also thinks that "because" is a legitimate answer to some questions. For example, questions like 'Why did you do that?' or 'Why are you upset?' can be answered with 'Because I did' and 'Because I am.' I wonder if he picked it up from the "because I said so" answer that he may or may not get from his mommy every once in a while.

Micah also has imaginary friends. I've heard it is healthy. I never had one, but some of my friends have told me that they did, so ok! Anyways, he will talk and ask questions and when I answer him or ask questions, he says "Mom, I'm talking to my friend Plankton!" Gosh, how could I be so rude? Can you tell he watches SpongeBob? One day, he was swimming with Chad when he asked Chad to help his friend get his swim suit on. Chad humors him and said sure. He pretends to help this imaginary thing put his board shorts on. Once done, Micah makes sound effects to make is sound like his friend has walked over to the pool and jumped in. When Chad asks who it was Micah says "That was Plankton." Then Micah asks Chad to do it again. Micah makes the same sound effects and Chad asks him again who that was. "Uhh...ummm...that's my friend Lankton." Once more, Micah asks Chad for his help getting a friend ready. Sound effects follow and again, Chad inquires as to who this is. "Um...it's my friend....Wankton." Way to be creative little man!

In other news, Brooklyn has put forth some effort into doing some talking. Yay! Most of the time she will just get loud or point, but this morning she said "Peas (please) mama." I was very happy that she was starting to use words instead of yelling or crying! Woo hoo!

3 Quick Thoughts:

Becky and Ben said...

Brad says the same thing all the time, "Because I did." I think it must be a 4-year-old thing. I wonder if they just can't explain themselves fully yet. I have tried asking the question 10 different ways and it is always the same response. Kids are so funny.

Chelle said...

LOL! Why do kids not seem totally freaked out when they ask someone if they ate a baby? I would be scared if I thought that!!!

Amanda said...

wow! so cute about the baby thing... i wish it was as easy as opening your mouth really wide--right? Hahahaha.... I want to meet Planton. My imaginary friend was "Betsy." --DEBBIE