Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Real Me

Yes, this is the real me. You may have seen me in a different light, but I have a big dork inside and it was just dying to come out! Ha ha! I haven't dressed up for Halloween in years and this year I actually had an excuse to do it. We got dressed up and had a ball at a party on Saturday night. I was able to throw my costume together with things we had and a couple of borrowed items. Chad did not want to get dressed up. I was finally able to come up with something that he was OK with and a golfing outfit is pretty easy to put together. I was a big nerd. Funny story about the tie...when Chad was on his mission, there was a competition among the guys to find the ugliest ties they could at thrift stores. This is one of those ties. I still can't believe it is Dior!
...and this is Brooklyn after trying the new Trader Joe's granola bars. I don't think they could be all that nutritious if it leaves that much chocolate on your face.

8 Quick Thoughts:

ashley said...

you make a great nerd! i can't decide what to be either, but really want to dress up! decisions, decisions...

Valley Girl said...

I love the nerd costume!!! And I actually think the dior tie is awesome. Jeremy would totally sport it!
Chad way to dress up without dressing up at all... such a guy!

Chelsea and Rusty said...

So fun! i actually like the tie, i think it is so cool, but you know me, i love the thrift store!

Sarah said...

I love Halloween!! Austin is BIG TIME into Halloween, so we dress up every year! You look awesome...no nerdyness in you though...sorry you are just too cute!! :)

Chelle said...

You are the cutest nerd I've ever seen...you make nerd look good :)

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

found you through Ashley's blog.

The nerd costume is awesome. I might have to copy.

Mommy of three said...

What an adorable nerd you are!!!!

The Burnetts said...

You still look super cute as a nerd! glad you had fun! My brothers always won the ugly tie contest at this restaurant where we grew up...always super fat with giant stripes! Love it!