Monday, January 17, 2011

LA Zoo

Sunday we decided to go meet up with some friends up in LA.
We stopped by their place for a quick bite to eat and then headed to the zoo!

We went on a day that the rest of LA wanted to go too!Can you spot Chad, Matt and Dina?
B spent her time eating a cookie while we waited for our tickets.
Right when you get in, there are sea lions.
Chad and Brooklyn were checking out Reggie the alligator.
The meerkats were really cute and seemed to enjoy the crowd.
Matt and Dina checking out the meerkats.
The fam in front of the flamingos. Didn't know there are two different kinds. Have to say, the Americans are my favorite. They are pinker!
In front of the wallaby. I just love the funny look B is giving.
Micah and the big nasty komodo dragon. I think he is thinking Micah might be delicious.
Checking out the koalas. They sleep 18 hours a day. They also have brains that have shrunk over time. hmmm...
The giraffes seemed to be really curious about the crowd and they kept walking by to check us out. That, or they were pacing to keep their babies away from us. Such cool animals!
I was there too. I am just the one behind the camera most of the time.
Here we are. Tired after walking the whole zoo...that is why Brooklyn is giving the camera the evil eye and I am having to hold Micah up!
We had a great day. I forget how much of a treasure trove LA can be. We really stay so local, but I think we will have to get out and about more often. We had a great day!

6 Quick Thoughts:

Open and Shut Case said...

make sure you get in front of the camera more often. mom's never get their photos taken often enough and most say they regret it. you're very photogenic so work it gurlll!

Tanya said...

we love the LA zoo and are so sad we don't have an annual pass for the first time in 4 years :( but we are heading up next week with some friends too. the flamingo exhibit stinks as in literally and the warmer it is the worse they smell. I just remember that everytime I was pregnant i had to practically sprint past those guys so I wouldn't barf and when I wasn't pregnant they just stank....lol I can't wait to see the elephant exhibit we were there for all the construction all those years and when we don't have a pass it finally finishes :D

Chelle said...

Looks like fun, but I really just want to hear how you did your hair. It's beautiful!

Carrie Braunalicious said...

What a fun trip! LA is pretty amazing, and we don't take advantage enough either. I've heard the Kidspace Museum is pretty awesome- we should go soon!
You look great, and I love your hair!

Ali said...

Fun! When we went to San D Zoo, the meerkats were one of my favorite things too...I would have never thought- but they ARE super cute and entertaining. Oh, and I'm with everyone else- can I have your hair?! Hello!

ashley said...

how fun! good old la!

and in that last post b looks a ton like you, i never really put it together before, but totally see it now!