Sunday, January 9, 2011

Rezzies!

OK, here are some of the New Year's Resolution for this year:

1. Make more at home family dinners. Try to go out less and even buy less items that are semi-made. I want to try out some new recipes and get my kids to try new tastes and textures.


2. Unsubscribe from those millions of website e-mail lists. I swear the majority of my e-mails daily are from places like Pottery Barn, Groupon and Zulilly. I want to unsubscribe and clear out my inbox.

3. Work on home improvement projects. I have several.

Like getting a bedroom door. Long story, been without one for too long.
Painting the mantle. Chad has left too many drinks on it and I'm not a fan of oak.
Doing something about the lighting in my kitchen. I might have to call a pro for this.
Adding some love to my boring bathrooms. Start with framing the mirrors?
Planting something in the planter just outside of my front door. Kind of ashamed to say that I have let it go barren for almost a year and a half now!
Add some curb appeal to my front door. I think that we need a new lighting fixture and maybe a pretty topiary?
On my wish list would be new floor boards throughout my house. Currently, ours are plain, ugly and pulling away from the wall. I hope I can see them go!

4. Make time for more playtime with the kids. I get distracted by the hustle and bustle of life and at the end of the day I feel like I have spent very little time actually playing with my kids. I want to get more time one on one with each of them enjoying their favorite things.


5. Less cleaning (sadly). I love a clean house, but if I am going to make more play time for my kids, I will need to leave beds unmade on some days or leave dishes in the sink for a while. This will be tough for me!

6. Let the kids get dirty with projects/games. I am the first one to avoid pulling out things like stamps and Play Doh so that I can avoid the mess. I need to let them get messy and get right in there with them!


7. Make time for date nights. Um, date nights are almost never. I love getting out with Chad though. I would love to go out once a month to spend time with just him.

8. Try to get a gym membership or take time to workout on my own. I don't think I am fat, but I know I am not fit. I would like to be fit. I would love to increase my endurance and tone. I'll see what I can do about this. My schedule and budget are tight, so I will see what I can do!


9. Be pleasant. I remember my friend Carrie saying how she wanted to be "A joy to be around" as her New Year's resolution one year. The next week she wrote "Being a joy blows." Love her! I want to try and be more positive in general so that people enjoy spending time with me.

10. Read more. Last year, I got back into reading after YEARS of not reading an entire book. I have gotten into some really good books and I am remembering how much I enjoyed it. I want to read more this year. I f you have any good recommendations, let me know.


11. Watch less TV and spend less time on internet. Both of those suck away my time. I have to say I have some favorite shows and websites that occupy way too much of my time. Truthfully, I don't think that TV or the internet do much to enhance my life, but they are fun. Let's look for a balance.

12. Be more supportive and appreciative towards my husband. I want to make sure I verbalize my appreciation for him this year. I know he likes it and is more pleasant when he feels he is loved and his hard work at the office and at home are acknowledged.

13. Eat more sushi! Just because I want to.
14. Read scriptures more often. They always help me to be more kind and patient through my day. I need them and I would like my kids to be familiar with them.

5 Quick Thoughts:

Janica said...

I have to work on some of those too! I just got a gym pass to 24 Hour Fitness from Costco for $299 for two years. It comes to about $12.50 per month. We snagged that because I need some serious activity/exercise.
I am bad about scriptures too so I have to get better about that one. Good luck!

The Bradys said...

You have inspired me friend!! LOL No really,alot of those I need to do myself!!! Some ive already started- and its helping me out in other areas too becasue Ive started a really good routine- now I just need to stick to it! Thats the hard part! lol Good luck!!! Oh and if you need recipes I have a ton!!!!!

PS IM back in the blogging business! That is one of my resolutions!!! lol

Kristyn said...

You and I have so much in common! But you already knew that. :) My resolutions look REALLY similar to yours...except the be less clean one. I am determined to get into a routine this year! Ugh. Any tips? I'm so sporadic that things get missed and then I feel overwhelmed. Anyway, good luck on the rezzies! (Love the title!)

Carrie Braunalicious said...

I love you. These are some great rezzies :) and I love how youve found a way to take the traditional ones and make them your own! The only thing I'll say about the "joy" resolution is that it seemed to give me WAY too many opportunities to be joyful in less than ideal circumstances. Does that make sense? Anyway, you are amazing and I know that you will follow through. Maybe Rezzie #15 can be to blog about your progress on all of these at the end of 2011!

Ali said...

Great Resolutions! I am with you on #1, #4, and #6...and I wish I could join you in #3, and #5! No way would I ever be able to make a resolution like #5...I'm not that OCD to start out with :) My bed is 98% of the time un-made.