Friday, November 2, 2007

7 things

I have been tagged. Normally I think these things are pretty lame, but this one I thought was funny. Summer tagged me (thackerfam.com), so I am going to share a couple things about me. The rules are:
1-Link to your tagger and also post these rules on your blog
2-Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird
3-Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs
4- Let them know they are TAGGED by leaving a comment on their blog

1. I CANNOT eat bell peppers. They make me so sick for days on end. I swear I am borderline allergic to them.
2. I loved Paula Abdul during her "Straight Up" days. I even asked my mom to invite her to my seventh birthday party. She ended up getting a Pee Wee Herman impersonator. Needless to say, I was disappointed.

3. I have a huge phobia of lightning. I would get so scared I would be sick as a child. I am a lot better now, but it still is not fun or cool for me. You will find me hiding inside the house!

4. I never went to the ice cream man as a child. In efforts to keep from spending money on the ice cream man, my mom would tell us that he would steal little kids and throw them in his freezer. So, as others rushed to get their ice cream, we rushed inside the house. Way to traumatize us mom!

5. Chad and I are VERY fertile. We tried very hard not to get pregnant with Micah, but it happened despite all of our efforts. This new one only took one try and we were pregnant. It runs in the family. I think both of our families have more unplanned children than planned.


6. Giving blood makes me faint EVERY single time. I am not afraid of needles. It actually doesn't happen until about 5 minutes after giving blood that I pass out. I gave blood in high school for the first time and passed out in front of everyone. The Red Cross called me later and told me not to give anymore because they didn't want to have to deal with me.
7. I have NEVER seen Star Wars. Not one full episode ever in my life. I seriously have no interest in it. I am sure I have offended many people in saying that.Funny enough, I was given the nickname Jabba when I was a baby (yes, a fat baby) and still haven't seen it.

OK, so I will tag:
Valerie-www.babyhomepages.net/pagebabes/
Sarah-sarahdb.blogspot.com/
Rachel-bruschkefamily.blogspot.com/
Michelle-dunkleyfam.blogspot.com/
Lauren-laurenablack.blogspot.com/
Jenny-njdyal.blogspot.com/
Amy-lajwbrady.blogspot.com/

By the way, I won't be offended if you don't do it. I just think it will be fun to read about your quirks. It will make me feel a little more normal to know others have them too!

2 Quick Thoughts:

Kellyn said...

That was so fun to read...I don't love lightning, but my mom was struck by it once so she totally freaks when ever there is a storm, it is kinda funny..not to sound mean.Do you see Cody much, I miss being close! He always tells me about Micah when we talk. Come by and visit if you get a chance, www.grafffam.typepad.com.

Chelle said...

I hear you about giving blood...I get dizzy & passed outonce, but i wasn't even dontaing, they just took one tiny vial for testing! Pathetic. It's not the needles for me either. That's so sad about the ice cream man, but I do remember that there was one around our junior high that sold drugs, so maybe your Mom was protecting you!