Thursday, November 29, 2007

Pleasant surprise

On Tuesday I went to get my oil changed and we ran into a snag. When they went to rotate the tires, the mechanic came out and told me that the last person to put my lugnuts back on had zipped them on so fast that it not only stripped them, but they were on so tight that they were about to break! I told them to leave them alone and I would take it in to the people that I have do my tires. I have been going to American Tire (not America's Tire) off of Via Fabricante as long as I have owned a car. I went over there and sure enough they said that the lugnuts needed to be replaced. I was bummed that right before Christmas I would need to spend my money on something like this. I was really pissed at Jiffy Lube since they were the last ones to rotate my tires. I'm never going back there! Anyways, as they finished up I prepared to get out the credit card and they just handed me my keys and said Merry Christmas! I was shocked. I know they were great to their customers, but fixing something that they had nothing to do with is above and beyond! If anyone is looking for a good and honest mechanic, this place is awesome. They have fixed flats, rotated tires, aligned, etc. all for free. Some of the time I wonder how they make money!


I've also been getting into the whole girl thing lately. I just got these little shoes the other day at Gymboree for 12 bucks. I couldn't resist. I think I am going to go broke outfitting this kid. With Micah, there were so many things on sale and I always felt like I got a good deal on his clothes, but when you go to the girls section and look in the sale area, it doesn't seem like a very good deal. It's better than full price, but come on!


My shopping adventures don't end there. My birthday was the day after Thanksgiving, so I ended up with a lot of gift certificates (my favorite). Anyways, I had one for 50 bucks to Nordstrom's that I wanted to spend. I went in and raided the reduced section and got myself this cute shirt (empire waist of course), the blue belt, a silver necklace, silver bangle and a gold bangle. My total? $50.10! I walked away with all of this and only had to pay a dime out of pocket!
Last stop, Target! Another 50 bucks in gift certificates to spend. I'm kind of lame though. Instead of getting myself something really fun, I got toothpaste, deodorant, and things like that. I did get some Christmas decorations though. Some pretty silver ornaments, ribbon to wrap around the tree and finally wrapping paper, tape, gift tags and hooks. I think I am a pretty good estimator because I looked in my basket and thought it was about 50 bucks worth. My total? $49.98! I should go on The Price is Right! Anyways, we got our tree up and it looks better than in this picture since we put up more ornaments, ribbon and candy canes. Micah can't get enough of it. We plugged it into an outlet that goes to a light switch, so he loves to turn it on and off throughout the day. Hopefully the tree will survive his little hands this Christmas!

7 Quick Thoughts:

Kellyn said...

You should try the gingerbread house, it was fun even though Taylor wanted the candy, she was so happy when it was finished and she could stare at it. Ok so I love Via Fabricante I go to like 5 places over there, there is a auto body shop that is great too! MV is the best city in the world! Micah is so cute, we should let him and Taylor have a play day. Make sure to let me know when you are having your baby shower! Girls are so fun!!!!That was all really random!

Kristyn said...

Great deals! And MV IS the best. Glad you had a fun bday and that you got great fashion out of it.

Kristyn said...

I'm laughing so hard right now. Read Lauren's comment on my blog! That's too funny.

The Bradys said...

hahah u r so funny... price is right! the shoes are adorable... u r gonna go broke buying this little girl stuff! good thing i have boys or i would be bankrupt!

Chelle said...

Those shoes are too cute! That's so nice about the car place...way to spread cheer!!!! I go to a place off Fabricante too...I guess they all team up to be honest & nice there, huh? We still went there when we lived in Corona we liked it so much & riverside county's car places suck...so it was worth it. They always had my car ready by 5 so I could drive home, no matter what the prob :):):)

Ali said...

You so should go on the price is right...maybe you'd have as much luck as Kristyn -or more! This was a fun post, I love seeing people's fun purchases. Oh, and good story about the tires. Jeff and I needed new tires this summer while we were there and we went to Tucker Tire...we like them too- in case American Tire goes out of business for being so KIND.

SUMMER said...

Cute girlie shoes! Happy Birthday! And... you should have only bough things for yourself at Target. You are a good spender (or saver)! :)