Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Our Thanksgiving


So for Thanksgiving this year, we went up north to Oakley, CA. It is pretty close to Tracy (I think most people have heard of that place. It is about a seven hour drive and we left on Thursday morning at 5:45. We were hoping Micah would sleep through most of it, but he was wide awake almost immediately. He was an excellent traveler. We kept handing snacks and books back to him and singing songs. He only asked to get out once and the rest of the time he was completely happy. We were both pleasantly surprised. Anyways, we arrived that afternoon and Chad busted out the Rock Band. It was a wild success. Everyone loved playing it and the songs are fun. The game has a drum kit, guitar and a microphone to sing along. Paige was our singer for most of the songs, Chad and Micah manned the drums and Brian (What) was on guitar most of the time. It was very entertaining. I have to add that it was much safer than playing Pictionary which ended in a fight over rules. I thought my family was competitive! Friday is the day we actually celebrated Thanksgiving since my brother-in-law had the day off. Firefighters have those strange schedules! Anyways, Tory and her family came down with their new puppy and Tracy and her family came down too. We took a family picture (above). Each family is in their own color, so you will know who belongs to who. We had Thanksgiving dinner with the famous Trotter "Green Stuff" and I did try it! All in all, we had a fun time and we really enjoyed everyone's company. Scott and Miriam were nice enough to take us and feed us almost every meal too. What a fun family we have!

7 Quick Thoughts:

The Bradys said...

So fun! Glad u guys made it up ok!

As for the changing of the comment section... ill have to try and get back to you hahah i dont remember!

The Bradys said...

ok figured it out... easy. go to customize, and under the layout of your blog you edit "Blog Posts" and you can change the writing. lemme know if you figure it out

Chelle said...

Green stuff? What is it? I'm glad you had fun. Was the drive ok for you?

SUMMER said...

GLAD IT WAS FUN! I BET YOU WERE HAPPY YOU WENT. :)

Kristyn said...

Hey, did you notice my homage comment on my blog? I know it's like laughing at my own jokes, but yeah, I'm not above that.

Kristyn said...

PS It was so fun walking with you. I so wish we lived closer and we could hit up the park every day! I love you girl!

Anonymous said...

Cute Rach! I love reading up on you guys! :) You are such an amazing family. I hope when RUss and I start a family, we are as cool as you and chad are to micah! :)