Monday, December 10, 2007

Apology Accepted

Recently our church boundaries changed and with it we were given a new meeting time. So for the last few weeks we have been meeting at 1:00 for church. We also meet in a building that is about 15 minutes away, so we have to plan for the drive to be there on time. Yesterday I was trying to coordinate our time so that we would all be ready on time and Micah would get a short nap in etc. I would tell Chad every once in a while how much time we had left, but he still didn't seem to be getting ready very fast. I was getting out of the shower and said, "You have forty minutes left and you still have to get Micah up and dressed." He heard me, but continued to play on the computer and eat his lunch as if he had all the time in the world. Annoyed at this point I reminded him again, hoping that he would hop up and get things going. Instead he turns and says, "What's with you? I'm trying to eat lunch and if we leave at 12:45, we are going to be 45 minutes early!" I turned to him and said, "Church is at 1:00, not 1:30." The only response I got was, "Oh" and off he went getting everything ready. We were able to make it on time and I noticed while we were singing "Hark the Herald Angels Sing" Chad kept looking over at me. I looked at him and asked him why he was staring at me. He said, "I just wanted to say sorry for being such a big jerk." The apology would have been good enough on its own, but he just happened to say the words "big jerk" between verses, so at least half the congregation must have heard him. I was laughing so hard. Thanks for the apology babe...and making my day!

7 Quick Thoughts:

ashley said...

that is classic. yesterday i made the mistake of bringing a book about colors to church and the whole time velzy was yelling out "pr-pl" "ye-yow" "geen"

Chelle said...

Classic. I actually made us go an hour early to church when we were first married, because I got our times confused! Ooops! We had the 1PM church time for 2007 & will have 1:30 for 2008. I'm not sure if we're lucky or cursed....

The Bradys said...

hahaha guys! sounds like a luke thing... at least everyone around u knew he had a been a big jerk! haha

Anonymous said...

That is so funny!!! I can totally picture you cracking up while everyone is singing...reminds me of young womans.....
Chad I must say I am really impressed you apologized in front of your entire ward. HAHAHA!!!
Love you guys...see you soon. we come into town next Monday!!!YAY!!!!

SUMMER said...

That was nice! You looked HOT at church by the way...

Anonymous said...

Poor Chad! I bet he turned bright red in between the giggles! But what a good husband... he should talk to Russ about the importance of being to church early. I don't think we've both been on time once since we moved into the ward! :) Talk to you soon!

Kristyn said...

You guys are so funny!!! I can just imagine that!