Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Celebration #2

On Christmas morning, Micah woke up and we went into his room and told him to come see what Santa had left. He came out with his sippy cup in had and immediately squatted by the firetruck that Santa had left him. I said "Do you see what Santa brought you?" He responded with "I sleeping?" It cracked me up, "Yes, you were sleeping."


Well, the firetruck was such a hit that we had to encourage him to open up the next present and he didn't quite understand the stocking thing. He was very excited to see all of the new toys. We still had to go to my parents' house, so we were trying to get a quick shower in and head over. It took us a while to convince Micah that he could get in the shower and all the toys would still be there. We showered and headed over to have breakfast and then opened presents. Micah opened one and was so thrilled with it, he took off through the house to play with it. We were left open up the rest and we didn't get any pictures of him over there. We all were spoiled again. My favorite gift of the day? My new purse. So cute! It is a brown leather hobo bag. I needed one so bad! Chad was actually looking at my purse the day before and say we needed to get me a new purse. How bad does your purse have to be to have your husband encourage you to get a new one? Pretty bad!

Last celebration was at my grandparents house. We go there every year without fail. Mom made the turkey this year, so of course it was delicious. We chatted with the cousins and then opened presents. Grandma and grandpa are not as young as they used to be, so they don't do gifts anymore, they give cash. It is great! We had a very full day and Micah didn't get to bed until 10 which means I crashed on the couch about an hour later. We are very blessed to have such a great family and traditions. I hope you all have had a great Christmas!

2 Quick Thoughts:

SUMMER said...

The last picture is so funny! I am dying over the sippy cup while opening presents! What a multi tasker!!! Sp? Just think Rachel, next year you will be buying PINK toys for Christmas!!! So fun!!!

Chelle said...

I love the "I sleeping?" comment? Poor kid had no idea what happened, but he must have slept through it!