Saturday, December 15, 2007

Schedule...what schedule?

Micah has been really off on his schedule lately. I think it is all the holiday activities that throw it off. There are times we have to move around his nap to make it to this event or that and then we might get home late because we were here or there. Micah is pretty flexible, but I think his body has finally said "I've had enough!" Yesterday he woke up at the crack of dawn and we gave him some milk and let him lay down with us. He fell back asleep and didn't wake up again until 8:45ish. I had so many errands to run, so we got ready and went and got him new jeans and then off to Target (I swear I am there all the time). I thought if I brought him home at that point that he would have a snack and drink and go nap. I was wrong. I put him down and he kept getting up and playing with his toys or with the blinds. I put him down two more times only to have him get up again. I finally gave up and decided to make use of the time by going to the grocery store. We got back and he still wasn't sleepy. I just went on with my day like normal at that point. After dinner, we changed him and put in Monsters for him to watch. Things got quiet and I asked Chad to check on him. Anyone who has kids knows that quiet can be very dangerous! Chad goes in to check and comes out giggling like a little school girl and tells me I have to go see. This is what we saw:


This was at about 7:15ish and we don't usually put him to bed until 9! He had turned the volume to the movie all the way down and lodged himself between the leg of the baby's crib and the TV. His butt was literally on the TV! Yes, we realize it is ghetto to have the TV on the ground. We are working on that, but what a funny kid. We laughed and put him to bed thinking he was out for the night. Nope, at 9 he came out to cuddle and get some milk and finally decided to go back to bed about a half hour later. Schedule, what schedule? We don't need no stinkin' schedule! Just kidding, I would really like it back!

I also had to add that we spruced up our tree a bit and this is what it looks like now:

5 Quick Thoughts:

Chelle said...

That is hilarious! I love the angle of the pic too...you really get the whole effect. Our schedule has been really screwed up too...which is sad because we never really have a schedule!!! Maybe in January it will be better...but I'm in no rush :)

The Bradys said...

thats so funny... i love the positions kids get into! its the holidays, everyones schedules are screwed up!!! dont stress!

Mrs. Case said...

Have you been to that new GIANT Target on Jeronimo? It's right by Silverado High School off Peter E. Hartman Way.

I am obsessed with that place now, lol!

Kristyn said...

Cute tree! And that picture is classic! I love Micah.

Anonymous said...

Great work.