Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Insomnia and a cold...


This is what I wish he would do! For some reason or another, Micah has been waking up lately in the middle of the night. It isn't like he is waking up and kind of groggy and will fall asleep with us. He is wide awake. I mean running up and down the hall awake. He has been waking up and calling for Chad. I tell Chad to go in and give him a hug and put him back in his bed, but I don't think he got the memo. He picks him up and puts the ninja sleeper in bed with me and then goes and lays down on the couch. I am already coming down with a cold, so the last thing I needed was a conversation with my two-year-old in the middle of the night! He kept hearing my phone in the front room beeping because it was running out of battery, so every five minutes he would sit straight up in bed and say, "Uh-oh, what was dat?" I was fed up with it and put him back in bed, but by that time I was awake and didn't fall asleep for another hour or so. It didn't seem to bother Micah though, he was up at his usual time ready to start the day as I dragged myself out of bed. My solution? Throw in a video (his favorite right now is the Once upon a Potty video) and fall back asleep on the couch. To top it off, I still had laundry to do, dishes, beds to make, trash to take out, etc. I am wiped out! I know you all are thinking that he must have out grown his nap, but just last week we tried to go without a nap and he crashed and burned at about five that night. Hopefully we can get a better night's sleep tonight!

I wanted to let you guys in on a couple things that I have been into lately. The first, pepperoncinis! I have eaten almost an entire jar by myself over the past couple of days. I craved them with Micah too, so I'm not surprised. I just love them for some reason. I always order extra on my Subway sandwich. It will away after I have the kid, but for some reason, they are just so good right now!


The second thing that I am loving? Trader Joe's frozen pasta dinners. I'm not a big pasta eater, but Chad loves it and getting these things has been so nice because it give you more of a variety then the normal marinara sauce. They have fettuccine Alfredo and gnocci, etc. This one is spicy, but Micah LOVES it. I mean he shovels this stuff while Chad and I are running for water. It is honestly so good, so cheap and so fast!


Last...Big Lots! I was in need of gift bags for Christmas for those odd shaped gifts, but didn't want to spend much, so I went down to Big Lots hoping they would have something that wasn't cheesy or tacky and I was in luck. They have some really cute ones right now (much cuter than in the picture I pulled from the internet). I bought seven bags and a ton of tissue paper all for about $10! Which leads me to some good news, not only is all my Christmas shopping done, but they are all wrapped as well! Now I get to sit back and enjoy the season. Also, Chad's company Christmas party is tomorrow night and it is employee only, so although I will be ditched for the night, I went down to Target and got a Gingerbread House Kit to work on with Micah and Shelby. We are going to have just as much fun!

P.S. Chad, good luck on picking a prize, you know you always end up with the gag gift!

7 Quick Thoughts:

Ali said...

Ooh, I always love lists of new finds and favorites. I think I'm going to really like Trader Joes once we're out there- that looks delish. Those watcha-ma-call-it green things on the other hand, not so sure I'll ever EVER crave. That's funny. Good luck with finding a new sleep schedule with Micah!

Anonymous said...

Sorry your getting sick. I just got over being sick. I could not imagine dealing with sickness and a non sleeping Micah =) Oh by the way Brooks' christmas work party is employees only too. Dumb, what is the point? Shouldn't everyone get to meet the better half =)

Kellyn said...

Just a note for ya...WalMart has GREAT gift boxes, in a ton of different sizes. I bought a lot so I could have all boxes under the tree this year, it worked out great.

lauren said...

i liked peperchinis too.. funny like pickels. i LOVE TJ's frozen entree's and when i had prego sickness we lived off them also. how come you weren't invited to the compant party? thats odd. i wish ours was that way, im dreading wearing high heels on sat night... ahhh. and if it makes you feel any better kaia wakes up at 6:30 am and hasn't been wanting to take naps either. AHHHH dang two year olds. they definatley can give you a run for your $

SUMMER said...

Oh no Rachel! I HATE when kids wake up in the middle of the night! SO sorry! I love peppercinis too! They are so yummy! I get extra at subway every time! And I am going to try those TRader Joe's frozen pasta dinners!

The Bradys said...

oo the non sleeping phase, so not fun. jack did it too. boooo! butit was a phase!

good call on big lots, i did the same! and like u i am done and wrapped and can enjoy the next 3 weeks! yay us!

Kristyn said...

So many things to comment on, I think I've forgotten all of them. But, I can tell you that I am obsessed, literally, with Big Lots. Call me white trash. I buy all of Thack's diapers there (the cheapest by far, even cheaper than Costco I'm pretty sure). I buy tons of crap there. Like Total. So expensive at the grocery store, but so cheap there. And I go through the stuff so dang fast. Anyway, can you tell I'm white trash? But I always try to get out really quickly, I feel ghetto by the time I'm checking out!