Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Nesting, Super Tuesday and a Deprived Child

Let the nesting begin! It is funny how strong that drive is to nest. With Micah I nested by painting an entire room and a closet, which I would never recommend. Painting a closet is so time consuming and to be honest, who really looks in a closet? Anyways, this baby has put me in more of a gathering mode. I have been buying everything I can. I registered at Target and I use it as more of a shopping list for myself. I am slowly going through and buying each thing and then taking it off my registry. I don't know many people that actually use a registry to shop for a baby shower, do you? To top it off, some of these necessities are not really fun to give or receive at a shower. You really don't ooh and ahh over a crib mattress cover, do you? My next stop will be by Burlington Coat Factory for a changing table cover and sheet savers. So cheap and great stuff!

I have to tell you I feel like a total hypocrite. I was reminding others to vote and telling them it is a privilege, but I didn't get to do it myself. Let me give you a quick explanation. When I registered to vote I enter "Decline to specify" for my party. I figured it would keep me from getting a bunch of junk mail and since I am not super happy with either party, it made more sense. Anyways, the last election I had no problem going to vote, so I thought nothing of this one, but for some reason they made it so that for those who didn't choose a party, they could only vote Democrat or Independent. Well, I wanted to vote for Romney, so I was SOL. Come to find out later that night, that I could have actually voted, but I would have had to sit and fill out some paperwork. I wish they would have said that in the ballot info they sent out! I should apologize to all my ancestors who have fought in war after war to give me that right. Sorry, I will do better next time!

The other day I was going through some of Micah's old stuff to get rid of and ran into a Mickey Mouse toy that he had forever ago. I asked him who it was and he said it was "mousey." How many kids don't know who Mickey Mouse is? I felt kind of bad that he had no clue. We have only been to Disneyland once and he never watches the Disney Channel. He always chants for PBS (Sesame Street, Curious George, Clifford, etc.). He does watch Disney movies though and is obsessed with Cars, Toy Story and Finding Nemo. On a different subject, he went to Music Makers today and did really well. He was so much more relaxed and sat in my lap part of the time, danced with the other kids, and even sat in the circle for a while. Huge improvement! I was just so proud of him!

4 Quick Thoughts:

Chelle said...

I actually changed myself from independant to Republican in December so i could vote for Mitt, too bad it didn't work! Whenever you want to go to Disneyland let me know :) I am actually surprised that Kaleb knows who Mickey is, because the only character we really stop for is Buzz & Mickey's not on any rides or movies.

Mrs. Case said...

I get so frustrated with voting materials that come in the mail.I rarely find them helpful. Sorry you didn't get to vote!

I love painting so if you need help, lemme know!

Disney stuff isn't everything! I am sooo not a huge Disney fan and I was never deprived of it or anything. He's probably learning ten times as much watching PBS. :)

Kristyn said...

I must say that even though you were somewhat reluctant to start a blog (weren't you?) that you update so often and I love it! It's like a little email update on your life constantly!

SUMMER said...

You must take him to D-land again! Especially while he is still FREE!!!