Sunday, February 3, 2008

Thanks Grandma

Hopefully, the shirt that you got him will motivate him to go in the potty more often! He is great about going right after he wakes up in the morning or after a nap, but other than that, he would rather do something else and as for number two...forget about it. It is just not happening! I am not giving up on him though. We will just keep trying! He loves his showers though and he has actually been taking them on his own lately.

I also went to the swap meet with my mom the other day. We were quite the pair. The pregnant girl with a cold and the arthritic grandma. Let's just say that we weren't as mobile as the other shoppers. It was a successful trip though because we didn't have to take Micah. Ghee and Papa had him for the weekend and they took him on all the rides at the Spectrum. Anyways, we got some great deals, but the highlight of the day had to be when my cute little niece joined us. We stopped to look at some decorative jars that one of the vendors was selling. You know the ones that are glass with the pretty tops that are really popular right now. My eleven-year-old niece came over and said very casually, "Those are just like the jars that the Egyptians would put their testicles in." I turned to her and asked, "Do you mean intestines?" "Oh, yeah." My mom and I were busting up laughing, which brought her to tears with embarrassment. Poor thing! We love our Shelby, she definitely has some funny things to say even if she doesn't know what they mean!

6 Quick Thoughts:

The Bradys said...

holy cow he so looks like chad in the top picture!!! too funny! love the shirt!

Mrs. Case said...

I <3 the swap meet!

ashley said...

micah looks like such a little man in those pics! i hate the whole potty training thing. good luck!

Ali said...

Kids say the darndest things- that is one of the best I've heard though :)

Kristyn said...

Too funny! Love little Shelby!!

Russ and Debbie said...

I love Shelby! That is so funny! Totally something I would do! Tell her she and I would have a good conversation talking back and forth--we probably wouldn't make any sense! :)