Friday, February 1, 2008

Status Update

So on Tuesday we had signed up to have the missionaries over for dinner. I went running around town earlier that day to gather everything for a great dinner of pasta, salad, bread and even some neat drinks from Trader Joe's. To top it off, I made brownies from scratch! I can't remember the last time I did that. Well, as the day went by I didn't hear from them and I decided to go ahead with plans and serve around six o'clock. Around five o'clock I still hadn't heard anything, so I called the person that is in charge of the sign ups to make sure I had the date right. Yes, I had signed up for that day. Six o'clock rolls around and they didn't show. I had made a ton of food for just my little family. I was bummed. Who would have though that these 19-21 year old guys that are broke as a joke would pass up a free homemade dinner? Oh well, we had enough for leftovers, so it saved me from making another meal! Anyways, without our company coming I stripped Micah down to eat his pasta and even gave him chocolate pudding for dessert. He loved it and went straight into the bath afterwards!

Usually this kid ends up in the shower, so when he got into the bath it was quite a treat and he decided to do cannonballs in the tub over and over again. I went to check on him and got soaked in the process!

I was able to see Kristyn this week too! She is one of my best friends and I always enjoy her company. Her little guy is getting so big and it is fun to have a friend that is in the same stage of life as I am. We had a play date with the kids and Brooke came by with her two little girls. Micah gets so excited to have friends over he jumps and screams like a girl!

I have also been asking around to other moms to see if they have experienced the sore muscles that I have had. I didn't feel this way with Micah at all. My lower ab muscles have been so sore at times I can hardly walk or turn over in bed. No one else I have talked to has experienced this. Can anyone relate or should I ask my doctor about it?

Last thing, Micah is really into computers. He loves to get on and play games. Here is a picture of him on the computer playing Curious George and wearing the headphones because that is what daddy does.

5 Quick Thoughts:

The Burnetts said...

Rach...I have those ab pains, too...I thought something was wrong when I had them with Taylor - turns out they were just "round ligament" pains. All the ligaments start stretching and your joints loosen (a lot). If I've been sitting or laying down for too long, I can hardly get up either :(

Mrs. Case said...

How disappointing they forgot about dinner plans! Maybe they got caught up with something else. At least you had leftovers! I would kill for a homemade brownie, LOL.

Micah looks too cute with the headphones on. It's great you keep a photo diary of him. Just make sure you don't do what my mom did-she took TONS of photos of me but then took hardly any of my brothers. Hmmn, perhaps she was a LITTLE overwhelmed with having me PLUS two boys under the age of two, LOL (I don't recommend a seven year age difference with no kids in between...ha ha). I have this great baby book and my brothers have random photos of them shoved into the pages of my book.

Janice said...

What a bummer about the Missionaries no showing! Its funny, I was just telling Kris last night that my tummy always hurts...he quickly reminded me that it is the round ligaments and I think the pains get worse with every pregnancy. Do you have a support pillow for under your belly while you sleep? That really helps me so the muscles dont strain as much. Good luck, hope you find relief from those darn pains...ugh!

Chelle said...

I'd forgotten about that round ligament pain...that's scary that I'm forgetting that stuff!!! I've had issues with feeding missionaries too...once they actually complained that I made lasagna. Last time I signed up they canceled last minute because their lunch made them sick...maybe it was somthing like that except they didn't call? Guys that age aren't usually the most responsible.

Kristyn said...

You are the BEST Rach! I already miss hanging out with you! You are seriously one of my FAVORITE people and I'm so glad we're friends.