Thursday, April 10, 2008

Couple of things...

Tuesday night my dad took Chad, Micah and I to and Angels game. We haven't been in a long time. Micah was really little before, but had a blast so we were hoping for the same this time. As we were leaving, we asked him if he was ready to watch baseball and if he was excited. He told us he didn't want to see baseball and insisted on football. Finally, we just said, sure we are going to see football. Then he was happy. We were in the nose bleeds, but you still get a good view. I wouldn't recommend anyone as pregnant as I am to climb to row M though. We were all having fun until there was a home run. That is when the fireworks go off, which went over fine, but right after there is another blast of water that goes off and at that point, there was horror in my little boy's eyes and he screamed for mommy! So brave! Anyways, the home run was hit by Vladimir Guerrero. When I heard the name I thought I was looking for a half-Russian and half-Mexican guy. Here he is:
Yep, I was surprised too. Who would have guessed it was a black guy with dreads? What was his mom thinking naming him Vladimir? Oh well, to each their own right?

Lately, I haven't been getting much sleep. This tends to happen towards the end of the pregnancy. I will wake up and be totally unable to go back to sleep for a couple of hours. Part of it is just your body getting ready for sleepless nights, but I think another part of it is the fact that my babies sit so far inside of me, that it makes it hard to breathe. The nice part is that Micah has been sleeping in lately, so we are getting up around 9 or so. I will cherish it while I can!


In the little time that I actually do sleep, I have the strangest dreams. Last night, I remember something about a party at my parents house and a donkey jumped in the pool, but he stubbed his toe on the way in, so I was looking for hydrogen peroxide in the house. I know, very weird.

Anyways, I think the lack of sleep has gotten to me a bit. I am a little air headed at times. For instance, on Wednesdays I end up over at my parents house until about 9 because Chad has class. Well, I thought when I had left that I had left the house earlier it was a little untidy. When I got home I was getting changed and I noticed the beds were made and things were put together. I thought I had surprised myself, I'm good! I cleaned and it didn't even register! So I went back out to Chad and said, "Isn't it nice to come home to a clean house?" I was patting myself on the back a little. He looked at me and laughed. "I just did all the cleaning," he said. What a sweet guy! I am so lame sometimes. Looks like I need a nap to get back on top of my game!

10 Quick Thoughts:

Sarah said...

HA! That is too funny! Chad is such a sweet guy. I love it when I come home and Austin is doing the dishes or has put on the Roomba. That is funny about the fireworks and water. My niece, Paige, she HATES fireworks, it's weird

Mrs. Case said...

I tried the berry for the first time today. Personally, I have a sweet tooth and were disappointed they weren't sweeter. That is not to say that they're not sweet enough for the average person, though. They had a really gentle tang to them and smelled fabulous. Target has them on sale so if you feel like being daring, now is the time to do it!

Carrie Braunalicious said...

I totally feel you on the lack of sleeping. It's like my brain never shuts off! There must be some connection between pregnancy dreams and animals- I've had two straight nights of dreams about dogs.
Chad is such a sweet heart!
BTW- went on the hospital tour on Monday. OVERWHELMING! I have some questions for you...

Ali said...

The donkey and hydrogen peroxide for his toe! Oh, my. I hope I never forget this one. I always thought that pregnancy and wierd dreams were connected until for the last year and a half I still have REALLY wierd dreams at times and then I think of course that I'm prego- but no. It's not true. I think we should share our dreams more often. IT's a whole new world!

ashley said...

ok, pregnancy dreams are the worst! i had the worst ones ever. would dream about all my high school boyfriends...hope i didn't talk in my sleep!

Janice said...

Definately would not picture Vladamir to look like that...too funny! Hang in there.... The last few weeks are kind of tough..You're almost there...Yeah!! My last trimester is a time I always wish I owned a big recliner to help me sleep..is hard to lay down flat.

The Bradys said...

hahahah oh rach.... he may look black but he is actually from the dominican republic-hence vladimir lol im cracking up right now. sorry, u know the angels freak that i am so i had to correct you lol lol

Chelle said...

I actually knew I was prego at about 3 weeks along because every time I shut my eyes I had freaky dreams. I'm like Ali, though, now when I have weird dreams I think i might be prego, but so far those little pills have kept working for me :) Thanks for sharing that donkey dream...we should create dream blogs so we can all see each other's demented subconsciouses gone haywire! Wouldn't that be entertaining!

lauren said...

i cant believe ash came out of the closet on her boyfriend dreams! ok so i will too! i totally had crazy dreams about every guy i ever dated when i was pregnant! SO BAD! it was freaky and i hated it. at least mine wern't about jackass's! ha! im excited to see you tomorow, i better get off the computer and make your gift!

Chad said...

So you guys all dream about ex-boyfriends when pregnant and Rachel dreams about jackasses. What's the difference?