Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Yum!



So, I had a craving for Sloppy Joe's recently, but the problem is that I haven't had them in over a decade, so I really don't know how they taste anymore. Maybe it was that old SNL skit that came to mind that made me crave it! Strange, I know. I didn't want to buy Manwich because I am not a fan of preprocessed food. The I remembered a recipe that I got for a casserole that had a meat filling that was super good. I made the filling and threw it on some buns for last night's dinner and it was delicious. Best I've ever had! Very simple recipe too. Here it is:

1 1/2 pounds ground beef (I use turkey)
1/2 small onion minced
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup of water
1/2 cup chili sauce (find it next to the ketchup at the grocery store)
2 tblsp taco seasoning
1 tblsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Cook beef (or turkey) and onion in a skillet on the stove until cooked thoroughly. Drain excess grease if necessary. Make sure to break down the meat into small pieces. Add remaining ingredients and cook until they are all incorporated. Serve on a bun (toasted is good). Enjoy! Should serve about 4-6 people.

5 Quick Thoughts:

Brooke and Aaron said...

Mmmm. Sounds good. It looks like you just picked our dinner for tonight. Aaron will be excited. He loves those.

Foy said...

i love those with turkey too! p.s. i love all the pictures of micah, he is such a cute boy!

Sarah said...

Hey Friday night you want to play?

SUMMER said...

I LOVE Adam Sandlers SLoppy Joes song! And I too think a Sloppy Joe is delish!!!

Sarah said...

Yes we are coming down, for conference,and my sister and her kids are coming, so we decided to come down, so how does friday at 7:00 at Aaron and Brooke's sound?