Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Yuck!

Yesterday I went to Henry's to do some grocery shopping. They are my favorite for produce, just the cheapest and the freshest stuff ever. The rest of it is a little granola for me. You know the whole gluten-free or organic. Not to say I don't like to eat healthy, but I don't want it to be painful. Case and point, exhibit A:

Micah will ask us for cookies all of the time. I don't make them and I don't buy them, so he only gets them at Grandma and Papa's house. I decided that I would get him some cookies as a treat. Looking through the shelves my only requirements were that they were soft and that they were chocolate chip. I would have picked up Pepperidge Farms if they had them, but they didn't, so this is what I chose. I brought them home and YUCK! They truly taste like health food. There is no fooling these taste buds. I know the difference between a treat and a disguised bowl of oatmeal! Never again will I buy them. If you see them on the shelf of a store, leave them be for that person who can close their eyes and imagine a much tastier experience. I, on the other hand, would rather a real treat. One good indulgence during the day to keep me going. Next time, I will be buying Trader Joe's Carmel Clouds. Carmel, pecans and milk chocolate. Now that is a treat. Thanks Joe!

2 Quick Thoughts:

The Burnetts said...

rach:
I just laugh at your blogs! You are so funny! I know what you mean about health food - Bring on the fat and sugar, I say...no sense in eating a piece of cardboard only to have to chase it down with a real piece of chocolate.

I'm going to try to make on Thursday...I love to get out, but just have been pretty exhausted lately. But, I'll let you know if I can't make it - see you then!

Mrs. Case said...

Most all of Kashi's products taste like carboard. So far I have found only one exception: Strawberry Fields Cereal. I wrote a blog about it and people started saying how digusting their food is, LOL. Apparently, the waffles taste like concrete. Poor Micah probably thought you were punishing him.