Sunday, April 6, 2008

My Weekend

I had a fun and busy weekend. Friday we met up with friends and got to spend most of the time watching our little hooligans run around playing with each other. I think there were seven kids under the age of five, but they played well together. No bleeding and only a few tears. Sorry Bailey! Micah loves playing with other kids and didn't want to leave. I was embarrassing Chad left and right with all of his funny stories (his little swagger walk, bubble baths, etc.). Poor guy, but luckily he has one on me now that I am sure he will be happy to share with others soon!

Saturday was busy. We actually got to sleep in since we got home late on Friday. Micah slept until 9 and we just turned on the TV to Sponge Bob for another half hour of rest. Of course, that doesn't last too long, so we were up and running. Micah and I left to meet up with my sisters while we let daddy have some alone time. Lucky for me, he made the bed, unloaded dishes and did laundry during his alone time! As for Micah and I, we ran around town here and there. At one point, I was pretty worn out, so I was laying down on my side letting this big belly hang out. My sister Ashley came in and she is always wanting to feel the baby move. This one is a stinker though and every time Ashley would go to feel her move, she would absolutely stop. Anyways, I hadn't been feeling the baby kick, so I assumed she was sleeping or something. Ashley came up and blew a raspberry on my stomach and holy cow, the baby jumped out the other side. No joke! She said she felt my stomach move down. It was because she was trying to get away. What a rude awakening!

Sunday was nice also. We had a slow morning and watched conference on the computer. Thank goodness we have a decent sized screen! Then we all got showered and dressed and left for my parents house. We took Micah to the park and watched the second session of conference. I have to say I LOVED the talk for young mothers by M. Russell Ballard. You don't even have to be religious to enjoy it. The advice to not over schedule our lives, look for the small joys and especially having the husbands be extra appreciative and engaged in raising our kids. I would put up a link if it was up, but it won't be up until Thursday. Anyways, then we had dinner together and I made sloppy joes and others enjoyed hamburgers, which Micah called Krabby Patties. I also kicked butt in dominoes. No, it's not an old person game!


In the world of Micah, he has discovered both his nipples and his birthmark in the same weekend. In this picture you can see his birthmark on his hip. He was calling it his "birthmilk" for a little while, but I think he has it down now. He is such a crack up. While watching conference he was listening as they told the young children to be helpful in the home and said they can do so by picking up toys, etc. Immediately, he started running for the bedroom and telling me to help him pick up toys. Talk about taking advice to heart! He also is doing some major counting, but needs help getting past 29 because he then will say "twenty ten, twenty eleven..." Good guess, but not quite! My favorite has to be that he now makes excuses. If I ask him to do something that he doesn't want to do he will say "I can't do it, is too hard." I enjoy having him around. He is so much fun for us!

6 Quick Thoughts:

Ali said...

Wow, it's amazing what they pick up on! That is super cute that he wanted help to pick up his toys after hearing about it in Conference :) That kid is older than I imagine him these days...

Sarah said...

We had so much fun with you guys on Friday, thanks for coming and playing. Chad, we still love you, even though you take bubble baths...LOL

Mrs. Case said...

Someone asked and LDS question on my blog and I do not know the answer. Would you mind answering her question by leaving a comment in the comments section so everyone can know the answer? If you're not comfortable, I understand and will try to research it online.

Muchas gracias.

Brooke and Aaron said...

Can Micah teach Emma how to count? He is amazing! Friday was so fun!

Valley Girl said...

Oh my goodness, what a smart little man!!
Jt has a birthmark in exactly the same spot...too wierd!

Russ and Debbie said...

Sounds like things are going well! It's been so long since we hung out! We need to get together soon!!!