Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Update

On Saturday my sisters threw a baby shower for me and it was so much fun! They did a great job of putting it together and I had a blast seeing friends that I hardly ever get to see. This child of mine was absolutely spoiled. She will be outfitted for years to come. I received a lot of homemade gifts this time around. I know most people don't like the thought of homemade gifts, but my friends are amazingly talented! I got burp rags, onesies, bracelets, blankets and even hair bows that are all done by hand and they are so cute! I will have to take pictures of them to post. What was funny is that a lot of the cards and even one of the onesies had the name Brooklyn on it. I think there are a lot of people counting on that name. To be honest, I am too. I think I will be devastated if I can't name her that. Anyways, I should have taken pictures, but I didn't have time too in all the chaos (fun chaos might I add).

Moving has been a bit crazy. Every night this week Chad and I have been taking over two car loads of boxes so that the move on Saturday will be minimal. I have to say we are making great progress! I was really nervous and stressed about it for a while, but I am totally relaxed about it now. I have just come to the conclusion that the baby is going to come and things won't be perfect at the house. I will have things in the wrong places, they might be unorganized and rooms probably won't be painted, but eventually it will be. Those thoughts are keeping me sane right now! I know that I can get things done while the baby naps and Chad will definitely be getting us settled too.

As for the baby, I think we might have an April baby rather than May. I went in for my appointment today and got good news and bad news. Bad news: I gained 3 pounds in two weeks! I have never done that before. Good news: The doctor noticed that I am swollen, so it is mostly water weight. Other good news: I am already dilated to a 1. I didn't think too much of it until the doctor was about to leave and he said to call if my water breaks or I start getting contractions. I have been having contractions almost daily now and I know I am going to have back labor again (yikes). I guess we are just about any time now! My new ward is throwing me a baby shower also along with another girl in the ward that is moving as well. I just found out that it will be postponed a week, so by that time I might just be able to bring her with! There are so many fun changes going on right now in our lives, but I have to admit I will really miss this ward even thought I don't know many people in it. I have just enjoyed the people and felt like we fit in with our young family. I am hoping when it is time to buy a house that we will be able to come back to this area and be in this ward again!

8 Quick Thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Won't it be kinda fun to be in the ward you and Chad grew up in? Good luck on the move. And I would love to see pictures of the party!
Kellyn

Anonymous said...

Hope the party was great! Where are you registered?

-Kristina

Carrie Braunalicious said...

The shower was so much fun! You look gorgeous and got SO much fun stuff!
I'm glad the move is going well. Everyone keeps reminding me that the baby won't know whether everything is done or not- its true although its not totally comforting.
Can't wait to see when the baby arrives- you'll have to bring the "Brooklyn" onsie to the hospital and tell Chad that since that's the only thing she has to wear, that has to be her name. Just teasing!

The Bradys said...

yay! i hope she comes early! i spent allll day at the hospital today! my friends jeff and lindsay had Maddison this afternoon! its so fun! im so excited for u to pop her out! and its good to hear your relaxed about the whole moving thing. like u said, there isnt much you can do about it so O WELL!!!

o and by the way, i LOVE LOVE LOVE jacksons curls. its finally outta the akward stage and into the cute stage! Im never cutting them lol

Ali said...

Whoa, these are all such HUGE changes...congrats on it all and good luck with the (soon!) delivery!

Brooke and Aaron said...

So are you and Nicole having a combined baby shower? Can you email me the date when you get chance?

Brooke and Aaron said...

I miss that ward too. Everyone in the MV ward seems so old. :( We had two funerals in the past month. The joke these days is that people are "dying" to get out of the ward. I'm glad you're coming back. Emma will be ecstatic to have Micah in nursery.

Mrs. Case said...

OK, so this is totally off the topic of your blog, but...I was reading that the sicker you are during the pregnancy, the harder and effectually, BETTER, your body is working. In other words, your baby will come out super healthy.

Hopefully this is some small consolation for all the crapiness you've felt since becoming pregnant...