Monday, July 21, 2008

Etc.

Not a whole lot going on for us. We had a mellow weekend. Saturday I just run around getting errands done. It's a good thing Brooklyn isn't on a strict schedule yet because I am taking her everywhere! We also went out to Cheesecake Factory to celebrate my dad and brother's birthdays. I went out on a limb and tried a new cheesecake. Chocolate coconut cream is great. It tastes just like a Samoa Girl Scout cookie. Sunday I had fun getting Brooklyn all dressed up for church. We just had to do a photo session!
Then after church we went out with my family for a picnic in Dana Point. Micah enjoyed the chocolate chip cookies a little too much!
Today I decided to get crafty. SO many of my friends are incredibly talented and I decided I wanted to attempt a project. I have been looking at getting some art for Brooklyn's nursery and I liked these pictures from Pottery Barn Kids, but wasn't thrilled with the price. So with a little scrapbook paper, decoupage paste and a canvas, I got this: I think next time I will paint the background and do tulips. We'll see!

11 Quick Thoughts:

SUMMER said...

WOW-Mrs. Crafty! Very impressed!!! And I could just die over that cute little princess dress on Brooklyn!!!

Brooke and Aaron said...

Sounds like you had a good weekend! I love the picture you made. We went to Cheesecake Factory too. I'll have to try the Chocolate Coconut Cream next time. It sounds wonderful. You have the cutest kids ever!

Chelsea and Rusty said...

Brooklyn is so darn cute! I like your picture you made, I like it better than the ones you were copying ;)

Mrs. Case said...

How sad that so many smart, funny women are only taking the first steps towards working on their self esteem in their mid-twenties? We are most certainly deserving of respect.

At any rate, Brooklyn looks beautiful as always and your art impresses me. You need to give yourself more credit! But that would relate back to us being proud of ourselves now wouldn't it? ;)

Russ and Debbie said...

I love it! it looks good! exactly how you described it the other day! now we'll have to have a girls night for you to teach us how to do it! P.S. Maybe you should name Micah "Cookie Monster!"

Mrs. Case said...

P.S. I tagged you on my blog. :)

How annoying, right?

Janice said...

She looks so pretty in her little dress!! I love that blanket behind her too!

Anonymous said...

Good job those crafts can get to me, mine never turn out that cute!
kellyn

Unknown said...

those are sooo cute! you did a great job rach, i am impressed!

Ali said...

That is a cute little craft! Way to go...Brooklyn does look like a little princess in that dress!

Becky and Ben said...

You are so much more crafty than I am. I'm so jealous. Plus I'm super duper jealous you get to do it for a little girl. She's so cute! I just wanna hug her and squish her!