Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Hodge podge

Last night was a fun girls night. It was all family and we had a blast. To be honest with you, I wasn't all that excited to see Mamma Mia since I am totally not into musicals. It just isn't my thing. I was going for the company, my mom, sister, aunts, and cousins. I actually enjoyed the movie. I didn't realize how much I liked Abba songs until I watched this. Brooklyn liked it too. She would keep turning her head to watch and only fussed for the last 15 minutes!Yesterday was a bit scary with the earthquake. Was that yesterday or the day before? Anyways, I was nursing Brooklyn when the windows started shaking. I jumped up with her in one arm and grabbed Micah by his arm and ran into a doorway. I don't think his feet touched the floor! He was pretty scared and held me tight. I was honestly shaking. It wasn't that big of an earthquake (thank goodness), but having two young kids that you are trying to keep safe on my own without warning is frightening. We didn't have any damage here, just shaken nerves!
I've decided I don't like hhardware stores very much. I went in to get some caulk for the baseboards in the house and low and behold there is an entire aisle with about 30 different kinds! I sat there with three kids trying to read each kind and there wasn't a staff member around that I could ask. Then I realized I didn't want to ask some strange guy which caulk I should get. Seems a bit inappropriate. I finally grabbed one I thought was right and ask the guy, "is this the right one I need for baseboards?" Hallelujah! I did it. Now to do the work!
I have been dealing with blocked ducts lately. Ouch, ouch, ouch! That is all I have to say about that. Luckily, I have many friends and family members that have been through this and have given me advice. I have been doing the hot massaging and it seems to be going away. I just need to make sure I don't get a fever!

Today as I was getting ready to go out with the kids Micah walked in as I was throwing a shirt on and he said "Wow Mommy, you look so handsome!" That just melted me. I love that kid. I could care less at that point what anyone else thought of my outfit or hair. He liked it and that made me happy! My mom and I took the kids up to Main Place Mall and I have to say they have some really cute children's stores. Pumpkin Patch is a brand Nordstroms carries and I had no idea they had their own store. Also, Gymboree has a sister store called Crazy 8 and they have the cutest clothes with great prices. I will definitely be going back there. By the way, for those of you who have boys and need church clothes, go to the back to school sales now and head for the uniform section for khakis. I got some today at Gymboree for $15. Micah grows like a weed and I am just trying to keep up!

3 Quick Thoughts:

The Burnetts said...

Rach...I practically did the same thing with my kids during the earthquake...tay was fine - I was not! Scary! Also, I was the queen of Blocked Ducts with Tay...thank goodness I seem to be doing ok with Luke - I think it just has to do with the way they eat individually...yikes! Hope they go away for you!

Ali said...

This is the first review I've heard of Mamma Mia...I'm glad it's a good one. I've been semi-wanting to see it but waiting to see what people have thought. That would be so scary to be in an earthquake with kids and be the one soulely responsible for them. i'm sure you did great though. it's interesting to hear everyone's perspective and story about it. I hope it's a long while before there's another. It's so different than fires cause there's absolutely NO warning.

bryan said...

Hey cuz..That's funny, Tanya was nursing too and Kevin jumped up on the couch with her to ride it out. Can't wait for the big one!