Friday, July 11, 2008

Madness!

A lot has been happening here, but with all the craziness, I haven't had much time to blog. I'll start from today and make my way back. Today, I stopped by the mall with the kids. We were just strolling through when I ran into this:This is the line to get the new iPhone. It goes out the Apple store, across the bridge, along the front of Abercombie and around the corner. I didn't even see where it ended! The store emplyees were handing out drinks to the people in line. I guess they had been there a while! Chad is planning on getting one with our long awaited stimulus check. Get in line bud! As a side note, there are INSANE sales going on at Nordstrom, Old Navy and Naartjie. I actually got myself some Bermuda shorts at Nordstroms that I thought were $35 and when I went to pay for them, they were $10!
The other day I came home totally burnt out from a long day and so Chad was nice enough to take him and Micah out to get dinner so wouldn't have to make it. They came back with In n Out and they gave Micah this hat. I thought it was so cute!I have been busy with Brooklyn because she has days where she can be colicky and that means I am holding her most of the day. We go out and go for walks just to get some peace and quiet. Poor baby!

On Sunday we had Brooklyn blessed. It was really sweet. She looked adorable and was great during the blessing. I was afraid she would start to cry, but we didn't hear a peep out of her! It was so nice to have family and friends there to support us. Chad's mom and dad made the long trip out from Utah to be with us. Micah LOVED being with them for the weekend. Anyways, we took this picture afterward and it made me realize that I need to start doing some exercising. I am not looking that great. I have a totally different body after having Brooklyn and I have to start reshaping it! I am not looking for compliments, I guess I just needed to see myself to get motivated. It is hard though because I am nursing, which means I need to eat and extra 500 calories a day, but if I want to lose weight I need to cut back. How am I supposed to do that? Also, I can't be eating a bunch of sugar substitutes while nursing. I am sure they aren't good for her. I have also have sugar cravings like no other since being pregnant with her. Anyone have any advice on how to lose weight and still nurse?

9 Quick Thoughts:

Jake, Cindy and Blaine said...

hey! i lost your blog site for awhile, so i am just catching up on everything...holy cow brooklyn is getting so big so fast..and super cute. and her baby room is to die for! and i LOVE the blog about "one of those days!" i was totally laughing my head off! been there for sure! hope all is well for you guys! come stop by church again, it was super fun to see ya! :) and i will need to get your phone number so we can call you...we go to the beach and park a lot, it would be fun to have ya come! :)
*cindy
by the way, what mall was that at..CRAZY!! that is totally insane for a phone!

Russ and Debbie said...

okay...so that line... it meant the best day ever for Russ! He got so much business from the iPhone! The spectrum was worse--they had like 500 person line that wrapped around the whole back--it was INSANE! :) Yeah for the iPhone!!!!

Kristyn said...

Ideas for losing weight - yeah, just nurse. The weight will come off. You just had the baby, cut yourself some slack! You look great, don't even worry about it! Seriously.

Chelle said...

Wow, the iPhone, huh? That's crazy!!! Don't ask me about losing weight while nursing...I didn't lose a pound until I stopped nursing & then it just fell off. Just make sure you're being healthy & don't worry about the weight for a while. I did read that women who get more sleep do tend to lose more weight, so try that one :):):)

Anonymous said...

So Kyle's sister is doing weight watchers and they take into account that she is nursing and she seems to be doing well, but her baby is older and taking in baby foods as well, I might not worry until that point since you are her only source of food, you don't want to chance losing any of your milk supply.
Kellyn

Sarah said...

We were at the Specturm yesterday and I came upone the line for the IPhone, it was outside of Subway, which is where I was headed, and I got angry because I thought it was the line for Subway..lol!! Good luck to Chad getting one, he and Austin really were made for eachother. Austin would implant the IPhone in his arm if he could!

Janica said...

I had my baby the week after you had Brooklyn and I have been struggling with the weight thing too. It's so frustrating not being able to really diet. Brooklyn is really cute, by the way. (This is Mike Johnson's wife, just in case you didn't know)

SUMMER said...

Oh my!!! SO glad you got a picture of that line... I have always pictured it in my mind what it would possibly look like but I am loving the pic! Nice work Rach!

Brooke and Aaron said...

I agree with everyone. Don't even worry about it. Feeding Brooklyn is a big priority so don't chance losing your milk supply. You'll bounce right back soon! Don't worry about it though!! It will come. During this awkward phase in the weight loss after pregnancy, I would just wear more empire waisted things or elastic waistbands to help me feel more comfortable while I continued to get the weight off. You can look great and feel comfortable without having to wear frumpy sweats. But for the record Rachel, you always look fabulous from head to toe. You're my style guru.