Saturday, December 27, 2008

Beginnig to unwind...

What busy Christmas we had! I tried to keep it simple and I think I did pretty good. We did do some fun extras leading up to the day though. Shelby and I made a gingerbread house.


Micah licked it.

Then on Christmas Eve, we went to Tawnya's house for dinner and exchanging presents. We had a lot of fun and Tawnya is great at picking out gifts. Actually, she got me one of my favorite gifts. It is a cute silver charm bracelet from Brighton with the kids initials on it. I am such a sucker for my kids! Brooklyn was great at helping to open up some of her presents. Her less than gentle nature comes in handy once in a while.


Micah was thrilled with all his gifts. He is so fun to give gifts to because his reaction is the best. He will usually say something like "whoa, das so cool!" or "oh my goodness!" It make it worth every penny!
Christmas morning was wet and cold for the first time in a long time. Micah woke up around 7:30 and we had to wake up Brooklyn. I went and got Brooklyn pajamas that looked like a Micah's so they would sort of match. They were so cute! Micah loved his stocking.


Brooklyn liked hers too!


Micah spotted the pickle first, so he got to open the first present. It might be a while before Brooklyn spots it first.

Right after our Christmas, we packed up the kids in pajamas and all and headed over to my parents house. Once we got there, we found out that they had decided to wait until 10 am to have everyone over. I wish I had gotten the memo, so for time being, I had to keep Micah from attacking the presents, help make breakfast and wrap the remaining presents. I even wrapped up one of my own! Finally, everyone came over and the kids were spoiled once again. Micah got SO many things.


Brooklyn did too, but I was the one opening it all. She just crawled around the wrapping paper and loved it.


By the end of it, she was pooped.

Later that night, we came back over for a great Christmas dinner and dessert with more family over. It was a great Christmas and we were all VERY spoiled. It took us a couple hours just to put things away and find places for them to go. Most importantly though, we got to spend time with family and reflect on the season itself. We are all very blessed and were thankful to be with each other and think of each other in the hustle and bustle of it all. I hope your Christmas was wonderful as well!

8 Quick Thoughts:

Ali said...

Your niece Shelby is gorgeous...and spotting the pickle?! That sounds like one unique, and fun tradition...interesting :) I Love those pjs on Brooklyn! So cute and snuggly.

Tanya said...

I love Brooklyn's pjs they are so cute. Thank you so much for letting us borrow the crib, that was awesome and a huge help.

Mommy of three said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas! What did Santa bring?

Chelle said...

Looks like you had fun! Brooklyn's jammies are adorable...like mini grown-up jammies!

Mrs. Case said...

So, how does it work? You buy a pickle ornament and hide it in the tree? Whomever spots the pickle gets to open a gift first? Too cute!

Becky and Ben said...

Sounds like you had a good Christmas. I hope it was as stress-free as possible. That was my whole goal for this x-mas season. That is why we celebrated x-mas on x-mas eve so going to all the grandparents would be less stressful on x-mas day. But next year, I think Brad will know better. Good thing I have a whole year to figure out what to do next year. Who am I kidding???

Janice said...

Those little silky jammies are darling!! She is just getting so big! Glad you had a nice Christmas. We also enjoyed the rain... nice for a change!

Russ and Debbie said...

What fun pictures!!!!! Priceless!