Friday, December 12, 2008

Ducks and Ellen

We have had a very busy couple of days and we don't see an end in sight for right now. Wednesday we did our normal thing and then got a call from my dad telling me that his friend had some extra tickets to the Ducks game that he was giving away. We thought we would be spontaneous and go. Well, we picked up the tickets which we were told were box seats and headed up to Anaheim. We got lost! Chad and I were so mad and so of course we just get mean with each other even though it was stupid Google maps that took us in the wrong direction! Anyways, we get there and the seat weren't box seat, which was fine, but I had really forgotten that I don't like hockey. Reason number one being that the only part people are interested in is the fights. Literally, the entire crowd would stand when a fight broke out, but the rest of the game that actually took skill, everyone just sat back. Reason number two that I don't like hockey: the crowd it attracts. I think my three year old was exposed to more profanity in that hour than in the rest of his life combined. Luckily, he didn't seem to catch and enjoyed the game!

Brooklyn had fun too. She sat there perfectly the whole time!

Yesterday, my mom and I had a girls day away. We left early and headed up to LA.

Where we went to attend the Ellen Show!
We had some time to kill so we decided to drive around. Guess who pulls up next to us at a light? Marcia Gay Harden! I kept looking over at her over and over again knowing I knew her face. It took me forever to think of her name! By the way, she drives a Prius.

Well, we still had a little time before check-in, so we headed over to an LA institution. Bob's Big Boy. I had never been and honestly, it is more about the history. The food is just food, but it was fun to hear my mom talk about how my aunts works there and how they would cruise back in the day and stop in for the car hop service.

Finally, after hours of waiting, we went to the Ellen Show and we were part of her 12 Days of Giveaways! They took us inside and we were sat in the very FRONT row. Hopefully you can see me on TV today. She comes right in front of me to dance. The show was fun. It had Amanda Pete, John Hamm and (the one my mom was so excited for) Barry Manilowe. I am sure I misspelled his name, sorry to all his fans! We got some really cool things and she even bought everyone in the audience each a lotto ticket. We got a $500 gift card to Sears, a Bulova watch, tool set, food processor, clothes, and a blue ray player. Here is mom with her new watch!
After the show was over, they had the employee store open, so we got on the tram and went to the store. As we jumped back on the tram we went by the ER set which was filming and saw one of the nurses. Of course mom yells out "I know her" and waves. She waved back! Well, it was fun and I am hoping to take it easy today!

6 Quick Thoughts:

Janice said...

How fun that you were there for her 12 days of christmas show! a $500 sears gift card? How nice!

Ali said...

I knew it! You lucky dog! :) I guess Christmas is taken care of now?!

Becky and Ben said...

Man, I am so jealous! Why can't they film any cool shows in Utah?

Chelle said...

Oh my gosh, how FUN! How did you manage to get on the 12 days of Christmas taping?!?!?! I've only been to a Dr. Phil taping & it was really boring. They did a close up of my face for half a second, but it wasn't worth getting up at 4AM & dealing with extreme morning sickness all day for (must have been 3 1/2 years ago). I bet the Ellen Show is alot better! I know this is random, but Micah has a really pretty hair color.

Russ and Debbie said...

Wow! Sounds like you had such a good time!!!!! I hope you taped the show... I want to see it!!! I still have a copy of Kristyn on the Price Is Right on a VHS tape somewhere... :)

SUMMER said...

I heard about this and am so jealous! I meant to get tickets this year and totally forgot! Glad you scored and had a fun day out with your mom!!!