Saturday, December 13, 2008

Little Victories

I thought it would never happen, but lo and behold, Micah is potty trained! I had tried so many times before and would get so frustrated. Everyone told me not to rush it and that boys do it in their own time. They were right! We just decided we would give it another shot and he took to it. He is a potty champ! In fact, he will go on the potty every 5 minutes (literally). Each time he goes he gets chocolate chips and a potty dance. Now that he is pretty consistent, we are trying to do away with those. We have only had two accidents in a week and he even wakes up dry from his naps and overnight!

He spend so much time in the bathroom now. I was walking by as he was in there and he was knocking on the lid. He opened it up and started shouting "Pwankton, are you there?" I think he watches too much Spongebob!

Last night we had our ward Christmas party. It was Christmas Around the World, so there was food from several different countries. The primary put on a cute nativity story. Micah decided to put on an impromptu concert by jumping on the stage and singing into the microphone he had. Whoops, sorry! Well, after that, Santa came in the room. My brave little boy freaked out. He hid behind me and would not go near Santa. Well, Brooklyn is too young to care, so I sat her on him and she tugged away at his beard!

She looks like she is trying to bail!

By the way, Brooklyn is doing great with being weaned. I only feed her twice a day now and she gets formula and solids the rest of the day. I think I might keep it that way for a while. It gives us both a lot more freedom. Also, she is so close to crawling. She will scoot a bit and then gets frustrated. She tries to pull herself up on furniture already, so she might just try the walking part first!

6 Quick Thoughts:

Carrie Braunalicious said...

YAY MICAH (and Rachel!!!) I know how long you've been working on this, so it s huge victory. Now that you've had success, we should start that potty training boot camp we talked about!
I miss you too- it has been a while. The holidays are eating all my time. We need to get back to walking, or at least just getting together.
Brooklyn is too cute- can't wait to see her and you SOON!

Russ and Debbie said...

YEAH MICAH! WAY TO GO!

Mommy of three said...

Good for you, Micah (and especially Rachel)! I know how hard potty training is, but it is definitely worth it.

Unknown said...

Good job!! And Micah sounds like most boys, always in the bathroom...;) You should put some kid books in there for him...lol

Tanya said...

congrats to you and Micah. That is such a great feeling knowing you will be saving 40 bucks a month.... I am glad to hear that Brooklyn is doing well as well. It was so fun seeing you guys at Thanksgiving, Hopefully we will see you again around Christmas!

The Bradys said...

yayyyy micah! so glad he is there.. i bet you are too!!! and how cute is brooklyn on santas lap. wish my kids would sit with him.