Friday, December 19, 2008

Just when I thought...

...things were getting easier, she does this!


Yes, she pulled herself up in her crib. I guess the timing is right, Micah did the same thing at her age. Here is a picture of him at the same age!


Wow, I have two totally different looking children. I always knew they looked different, but it wasn't until just now that I can see how different looking they are. Micah was bald bald bald for the longest time. Brooklyn is super blond and look at the difference in those eyes. We have chocolate brown and baby blues. I think they are both just adorable, but I am bias! Anyways, with her latest antics, we had to lower the crib. I couldn't lower it myself, so I had to take the risk and put her down for her nap with it still up before Chad would get home to lower it. She napped fine and Chad came home and lowered it, so I thought we were out of the woods. Well, this morning after she woke up (she slept through the night!) I brought her into our bed to nurse her (I am down to twice a day now) and she fell back asleep right after. I got up and started getting Micah breakfast and doing little chores when all of a sudden I hear a scream. I go running to see her on the floor next to the bed! She was fast asleep in the middle of the bed when I left. I guess when she woke up she didn't make a noise and just started rolling. She usually wakes up crying, so I never thought she would have the chance to fall off the bed. Needless to say, I felt terrible, but she is absolutely fine. She was just scared. My bed is on the low side, so it wasn't much of a fall, but she won't be in my bed alone again! I hate when things like that happen and make you feel like the worst parent in the world. Anyone else have an experience like that?

8 Quick Thoughts:

Ali said...

Before I even started reading your last paragraph, I was scrolling up and down back and forth to both pictures thinking to myself- "Wow! They look so different!" That's funny...you sure they have the same father? No, that's a terrible joke. There are some similarities, but ya- their eyes are totally different...both so beautiful though. I can't say I've had these experiences, but I'm sure I WILL- it's hard I'm sure when you have to learn with each one what they are capable of.

Unknown said...

i accidently sat on Duke the other night....does that count?

Carrie Braunalicious said...

Isn't it always when you think you've got this whole parent thing down that they pick up a new trick! Amazing. And they do look TOTALLY different, but they're both super adorable.
No rolling off anything yet, but we have had some pretty serious head bonks (one on the microwave during an early sink bath) and she's still alive. That's the important thing, right!?!

Mommy of three said...

Joseph rolled off the bed when he was a young baby, but he survived :) Now I have to yell at my boys to not JUMP off my bed - oh boys! You guys make cute babies!

Brooke and Aaron said...

All parents have these kind of experiences. Accidents happen, and I've learned that children are pretty resilient. So learn from it, but don't blame yourself. You're a wonderful mom.

Chelle said...

I was just thinking that your kids look very different before you even said anything. I think everyone has to agree that they're both adorable. Of course everyone's kids get hurt all the time, you really can't predict that. I just think it's a bummer that ou can't leave her alone on your bed anymore.

Jennifer Dyal said...

Jack fell off our bed onto the hardwood floor. And our bed is by NO means low. He had a huge bruise on his face, and I called my mom telling her what a bad mom I was. I was so greatful that God send them to us so flexible and resilient. Another note, when I locked Jack in the car, when he was not even a year, I felt horrid. How could I do such a thing... I'm always so careful. Then the lady who came to my aid said that it only made me more of a REAL mom, and that she had done the same thing YEARS ago. The real miracle... through it all Jack seems quite normal... wink wink. Love ya Rach!

Valley Girl said...

your babys are darling!!! And do have totally different looks!
mobility makes everything more difficult, good luck! And every baby falls off something at some point.
Sam fell out of the car and face planted just yesterday, he split his lip, and had a bloody nose along with road rash all over his little face. Sadest thing ever. dont feel like a bad mom, if she ust rolled off the bed. I win the bad mom award with regard to falls. ;)