Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Best Hand-me-down Ever!

Being the third child, you get used to hand-me-downs. They just become normal, right? To this day Chad and I still get hand-me-downs, but now it is furniture. We have only bought 6 furniture items from a store. The rest are hand-me-downs or bought second hand. We have gotten some cool thing and some kind of crappy things, but this one blows them all out of the water:

Chad came home last night with a 42" plasma TV for free! One of his colleagues has very wealthy parents who were getting rid of their 42" TVs to put up new 52" TVs. So he went over to their house and helped take down the old ones and put the new ones up and get them running. This was his reward! Awesome, huh? For now it will be sitting in the garage until we move. I'm looking forward to having it up in our new place. There is nothing like watching Baby Einstein in high def!

10 Quick Thoughts:

Brooke and Aaron said...

One person's trash is another person's treasure, I guess! I have no problem with hand-me-down's either!! I'm sure it looks great in your house.

Becky and Ben said...

I'm so jealous. The nicest hand-me-down furniture I ever got was a nice china hutch, but I'd still rather have your tv (especially since I don't own any china). God must be smiling down on you. Lucky duck!

Carrie Braunalicious said...

Rad-o-la! We just upgraded our TV as well and it has been awesome!
So, where are you moving to?

The Bradys said...

wait what youre moving????????????

Chelle said...

Wow, you totally scored with that one! Hopefully looking forward to the TV will make moving seem better...

Janice said...

Wow!Good deal!

Janice said...

yeah, where are you moving to?

Ali said...

Spoiled! I'd say, no fair...but you probably deserve it:) Congrats!

Russ and Debbie said...

Um.... WOW!!!! That's awesome!!! do you know when and where you'll be moving? I had a lot of fun sitting next to you in church on Sunday! Thanks for letting me hang out with you guys!!! Brooklyn is so fun to watch her do pull ups when trying to get herself up on the pews... and Micah was so much fun to play cars with! Thanks again!

SUMMER said...

No way!!! So nice and not fair!