Monday, January 26, 2009

Our happenings...

No pictures, just a couple of updates. Chad's parent's popped into town on Thursday night. Friday they took Micah out for the day. He loves his Ghee and Papa. He was so excited to be picked up and he even picked out his own outfit. I only had Brooklyn, so I took off to the mall. I never realized how fast you can go through the mall (with successful purchases) with just one kid. I guess it has been a while. That night we went out to Ichiburi's for dinner. That place is so yummy! They had to take off on Saturday, so it was a quick visit, but nice. I feel like I need to relax afterwards because I put myself on best behavior. Not that I am being fake, I probably just talk less than usual so I don't say the wrong thing. That's pretty typical right?

Sunday was a bit of a surprise. I am in the nursery and as of this week, we were down to one kid. My co-leader and I decided that we should take him into primary since it would be more fun for him than playing alone. So we head in there and the primary president gives us this panicked look and asked us why we were there. We told her he was all alone and that we planned on staying with him. She was relieved and told us they were short a teacher. I looked over to see that the Sunbeams (age 3-4) had no teacher! So Barb, my co-leader, sat with the kids while I kept Brooklyn happy. Near the end I sat in the back by the primary secretary. I leaned over and asked her who was going to take the Sunbeams. She told me she didn't know. Just then, the primary president who was in the front of the room said, "Let's dismiss Sis. Trotter and Sis. Moody with the Sunbeams." Looks like I got my answer! From there, we had the most haphazard class known to man. We even played pictionary after the shortest lesson with handouts that had nothing to do with it! Oh well, it worked out just fine. All I can say is I deserved my Sunday nap!

Today I am exausted. For some reason, Micah peed his bed. He hasn't done that in a long time. Anyways, he did this at 4 in the morning. So, with the lights still off, I just had him take his bottoms off and put new underwear on then jump into our bed. A half hour later, he was still up and talking to us. I finally grabbed a blanket and laid on the couch. I got a couple more hours of sleep before I woke up to yet another peed through baby. Looks like I am going to be doing lots of laundry and getting a nap in today!

4 Quick Thoughts:

Sarah said...

You know I never really understood why Bishop's put young mom's with young children in nursery, you'd think they would want a day to go to class and have some time off? Crazy, you are a rockstar though, I don't know how you do it! :)

Becky and Ben said...

Man, there is no way I could handle being part of the nursery in Utah. I bet Cali is a whole different thing. I don't think I could handle it either way. You are so awesome! So sounds like Micah is doing well on potty training. Would you say he is potty trained now?

Chelle said...

Maybe next time you'll just stay in the nursery with your one kid, huh? I was wondering why they usually only have one teacher with the sunbeams. Every time I've been a sunbeam teacher I'd had a partner. Critical during potty emergencies!

Rachel said...

Fun to have the in-laws in town, and I totally understand about being on your best behavior. Sorry to hear about your night. Hopefully you were able to get a nap in!