Thursday, October 1, 2009

Second Day of "School"

OK, I will have to explain the title. For one, it isn't the first day of school because the first day got a little crazy. Secondly, it isn't really school. It is a community run program called Playtime that has structured play, group activities, etc. Anyways, on our first day of "school" we were running behind and then at the last minute Micah decided he didn't want to go. I had been talking to him for a few weeks about how fun it would be and I guess it backfired. Well, after some tough love we were in the car and made it. I took him to his classroom and he grabbed onto my leg. He held on to it as we dropped off his stuff, while I checked him in and as I walked over to the tables to show him all the cool toys and activities. I was getting a little nervous and then I looked at one of the girls and said, "I am going to be the mean mom and just get up and leave." She quickly took his hand and got him focused on something else and I slipped out. Brooklyn and I took the opportunity to get some fresh air. We went for a long walk and played at the park until it was time to go pick Micah up again. When I picked him up he said "School is awesome and no one touched my pee pee or my bum!" As you can tell I had that talk with him before he started school. Hey, better safe than sorry right? Anyways, today he was actually excited to go to school so I was able to catch a couple pictures of him outside right before. He is such a cutie!

A quick hug goodbye for sister, who was a bit distracted...

11 Quick Thoughts:

Sarah said...

That is so funny!! You are one good mom! Sometimes you have to force them into it, then they realize they like it..sounds like what I have to do with Austin and eating veggies...lol

Unknown said...

very cute, I love community programs, that is what kev is in too and it is great. I'm glad he had fun :)

Unknown said...

that's sad you had to have that inappropriate touching talk this young.....what a world we live in huh?

Glad he likes it though!

The Bradys said...

hahaha thats awesome! good job micah!

Russ and Debbie said...

He's growing up! Happy First Day of School Micah!

Marcella Deter said...

you are a good Mom!!!

Valley Girl said...

Awe...he is so big!!!

Chelle said...

Looks like day 2 went smoothly...glad he transitioned so well. I didn't know there were community programs in this area...is it affordable? There were free preschools in Corona, your kid was just a model student for special ed kids, but I don't know of anything like that here. So sad about the "talk". I've given that one to Kaleb a couple times.

Ali said...

What a sweetie. I hope this gives you a much needed girly getaway more often :)

Carrie Braunalicious said...

What a good guy! Scary that you had to have the talk already, but sounds like you did a good job.

Brooke and Aaron said...

How fun! I'm sure he'll continue to enjoy school. Emma is the exact opposite of Micah in that she would be kicking me out the door.