Monday, February 8, 2010

Combos

OK, so I have a few subjects to cover so here we go...

As an update, I am not going to be participating in that long team run. I found out we aren't going to be around, so not only am I not training, but I haven't gotten the stroller that I wanted either. Not much working out going on over here. I actually had a dream that I went to a gym last night even though I haven't had a membership since before Micah was born! Is that a sign? Maybe I should check into that.

I will be sending Micah to school this year. I have felt like such a mean mom this last week making him do a lot more on his own than he used to. Giving him verbal instructions, handing him his snack still in the wrapper, making him wipe his bum and so on. Poor kid, maybe I will go back to wiping his bum for a while longer for my own sake. It is just more sanitary! By the way, this kid showed me the other day how smart he is. I was reading him a Berenstain Bear book and it showed a picture of the inside of the body. I told him, "When you eat it goes down this tube into your stomach, then turns around in the small intestines and then the large intestines and then you poop." Then he says, "When I have juice, it turns to my weiner." I laughed so hard I was crying. Yes Micah, you are right. How bright of you to notice the difference!

Today, I went on a spur of the moment D-land trip. Al and I needed to get out and we had fun! Might I add, I earned my Disneyland Warrior badge today. You thought I got it on my last trip, right? Well, this time I have the wounds to show for it. I bought some new flats that are super cute for $7. I had worn them before, so I thought all would go well. Well, after walking to the park, around the park, through some of the attractions and then walking back to our cars, I told Al my feet were hurting. I thought I had rubbed some of the skin raw. Well, I didn't just rub them raw, or get blisters. Both heels were bleeding! I told Chad to take a picture to show the damage, but he wouldn't. It is too gross! So there you have it, my Disneyland Warrior badge has been earned!

Valentine's Day is coming up on us soon. I am scheming right now. I am hoping to make this a really good one for Chad! I also have an idea for Micah. Chad is in charge of taking care of us girls. As for the day of, I am not sure what to do. Is there anything that you are supposed to do? I was thinking about making them a heart cake or something. Not sure. How do you celebrate?

4 Quick Thoughts:

Ali said...

There is no way I would bleed at the heels to spend a day at Disneyland- OUCH. True devotion, for sure:) That's great that Micah's starting school- I had no advice to give on that last post cause I have no idea, but I read everyone else's and found it all very interesting. I'm sure it will be a great experience for both of you!

Katie Schultz said...

Ben and I trade off being in charge of Valentines day and Anniversary. This is his year for Valentines Day so I am off the hook, but last year we packed Champagne glasses, martinelli's, and got KFC and had a picnic in the park.

Carrie Braunalicious said...

You ARE hardcore sister! Bleeding heels is the sign of a true Dland warrior.
How exciting for Micah to start school!

Brooke and Aaron said...

Bleeding heels? You can't top that for true Disneyland devotion. That's crazy. I loved all of your updates and hearing about what you've decided on things. I enjoyed your post about getting Micah "ready" for Kindergarten because I've since noticed how much I do "wrong". I better get cracking so she can enter the classroom this fall as an independent and strong little girl. She does really well with most things and I'm sure she'll be giving me the boot when I drop her off at school, but for some reason I can't stand the thought of her walking around with dirty lens on her glasses, skid marks on her panties, and hungry because she couldn't open her wrappers at lunchtime. I know we'll live. It will be a much bigger adjustment for me than it will for Emma. She is SO excited to be a big 5 year old and go to school! Oh, and in response to your VDay question, we don't have any kind of system like the Shultz's (but we should I liked her idea!)..We're pretty low key...We just make pizza and sugar cookies (all heart-shaped of course) and hang out together as a family. Can't wait to see what you end up doing!