Friday, March 5, 2010

Blank Canvas

Brooklyn's room is nearly done at this point. I am just working on a few finishing touches at this point. Things like painting the ceiling where it was retextured and buying new panels for the window (since I am not digging the canvas with the look of this room) will soon be taken care of. I thought the same would be happening with Micah's room, but Micah said he didn't want a surfer room any more. Truth be told, neither Chad nor I surf. I have tried and didn't do so hot (I would like to try again). Chad skims, but since you can't really find skimming decor, the default is surfing. Anyways, all of our surfer stuff was handed off to a friend and we are starting at square one!Here is what I have: a light wood lofted bed, a navy distressed three drawer dresser, and a red zig zag bookshelf. Since I just painted the room Restful green, it will stay that way and now it is time to decorate around it. Cars are Micah's world, so that is what we are going with. Micah decided he wanted the Hit the Road sheets from Target:And althought I would prefer this quilt from PBTeen:This one from Land of Nod is about $100 cheaper:For the floor I would like to go with something along these lines from PBkids:But then I considered the HOURS and HOURS of fun he would have with this:For the walls, I thought this piece of art would be fun:I also want to paint a picture like this one up on his wall in chalkboard paint so he can draw on it:I would like to have a gallery wall like this up above his dresser:Chad has a license plate from Hawaii (from college) and Georgia (from his mission) that I will put up in a shadow box as well. I thought I could mix in a few small cork squares to display his artwork and instead of giant A and Z, I wanted to pick up a vintage bumper from eBay. I could attach it to a piece of wood and mount it to the wall so it can be used as a shelf. Who am I kidding, I won't be doing that. I think I might have to bribe my father in law with some peanut brittle!
I might be broke by the end, but I would like to finish the room off with a new set of curtains, since striped burgandy clearly won't go, and this cute little bean bag seat from Target:Now to find the money and time to do it all!

5 Quick Thoughts:

The Bradys said...

Im in the same boat right now! The boys need new bedding, but there bedding set the blue/brown theme for their room. I found the coolest paintings by a guy name aaron chritensen, its a rock and roll punk rock theme. So now im starting from square one with black white red and hints of blue. Finding new curtains, new comforters, new sheets, new throw pillows, new rug, new wall borders, new letters, etc etc etc etc ahahaha u name it!! all to go with my darn paintings that I fell in love with. Ughhhhh. The joys of decorating. But its sooo fun!!

Ali said...

VERY cute ideas. I'm exited to do Evan's room in some kind of theme when we move (hopefully sometime in the next year or two), but I don't know that I could come up with as cute as ideas! I may have to call you.

Kristyn said...

I have loved that USA licenese plate picture from Target every time I've seen it. I've wanted it so badly. Good luck on the room!

Russ and Debbie said...

that's going to be AWESOME!!!! I can't wait to see it!!!!

Russ and Debbie said...

that's going to be AWESOME!!!! I can't wait to see it!!!!