Sunday, March 14, 2010

Mini Vacation

Chad told me about a week ago that he was feeling burnt out. I asked him how much vacation time he had built up and he told me three weeks! I convinced him to schedule some vacation time and so he took Thursday and Friday off. We have been enjoying our short vacation. What did we do?

Spend a day in San Clemente with the kids

Bought a new stroller

Browsed for new tile

Got our tax return!!!

Went to D-land

Enjoyed an In-n-Out family outing

Enjoyed a picnic in the park

Played at the mall

Had a real one on one date

Oh, and we had a rock show!

5 Quick Thoughts:

Carrie Braunalicious said...

What an awesome weekend! Good for you to convince Chad for some vacation, and way to take advantage of it. You're amazing!

Ryan and Laura said...

sounds like a much needed weekend after your last adventure. I love it when we can convince our husbands to actually use the time-off they save up ;) Ryan needed a break too and found out he had to use his carry-over time before March 15th...so we convinced my parents to go on a cruise with us so we could take the kids too. Funny thing is my cousin Jen and her mom were on a cruise doing the same ports just a day behind us. We had more fun than I expected with two kids, but a week was a bit long for them. I definitely would not recommend a cruise if the kids are already wandering...so scary. I'm sure it will be me someday though!

Brooke and Aaron said...

Wow. A real date? What's that? Yay for vacations! Mini or not, they're all great!

Unknown said...

What a fun vacation! I love those kinds when you just spend time together, and do nothing, but everything! Glad you guys had such a good time!

Tanya said...

sounds like a productive and fun vacation, lol