Monday, March 29, 2010

With Sprinkles on Top

What do you do in Southern California when the weather is fantastic, but you aren't feeling so hot? Well, if you are like me, you pack up the kids, head out towards Laguna Beach take a drive up PCH and stop at Sprinkles for cupcakes! I found out it is Passover and during this time, Sprinkles makes a flourless chocolate cupcake with a vanilla bean icing. I was totally looking forward to it...too bad they didn't have it! Oh well, they had a gluten-free red velvet cupcake that was very yummy too. To be completely honest, it isn't as sweet as a normal cupcake, but the frosting that they put on top is sweet enough to balance it all out.
If you didn't know, I don't eat wheat. It is for a variety of reasons. The benefits I have seen for me: More energy, weight loss, better breathing, better digestion. It's a personal choice. I can go into it another time.

As for right now, I am totally hormonal. You are more likely to catch me in tears right now than not. The reality of caring for three kids seems insurmountable. The finances scare me and of course the idea of fitting five people in this little space gives me claustrophobia! I didn't even want to go to church Sunday because I didn't want people telling me "congratulations." I didn't want to hear it. I'm still in shock. It will eventually set in and I will eventually accept the fact and become excited. Don't worry, I will love this child as much as I love my other two, I'm just feeling so overwhelmed and thankful that I have nine months to digest the news and prepare for this new stage of life.

7 Quick Thoughts:

The Burnetts said...

yum. I've never had a Sprinkles - something I should do soon! And, the 9 months is natures way of giving us time to get so ucomfortable that we will be grateful to get the child out! You'll be great with 3.

Chelle said...

Glad you got a sugar fix...it had to help a little! Sorry you're having such a hard time. To be honest we tried for a long time for this pregnancy, but the first trimester is so hard I wondered what the heck we were thinking. We're still kind of wondering that as we live with my parents & look into buying places smaller than yours. It's tough, but we'll both love our new additons...& we'll love our lives more a few months after they get here!

Mrs. Case said...

poor rach, sorry you're overwhelmed! i don't blame you!

i think i should quit eating wheat, too.

let me know if you'd like me to babysit or something so you can catch a break or have some alone time with chad.

The Didlake's said...

Rach, Don't worry, Call me can go do something and I'll make you laugh and feel better! Love, A

Valley Girl said...

I am so wishing I was there to be your shoulder to cry on... I remember when I was preggers with # 3 I cried a lot... until I lost it..... then I cried for an entirely different reason.... but it let me know I really wanted baby #3.... Then we got Sam...

You CAN do it! It will be tough, but just think how fun it will be for your kids to have a baby to dote on.... and as soon as he/she gets here they will!
You make cute kids.... I guess heavenly father is on the quest to keep america beautiful.

Love you! Hang in there!

Foy said...

Mmmm love Sprinkles.

Brooke and Aaron said...

It IS overwhelming thinking of caring for another child. The beautiful spirit and joy that this child will bring to your home is indescribable. I'm sure you felt it with Micah and Brooklyn. Try to remember that sweet feeling that you had with them when they were born, if that helps. If you ever want to vent, I'm just a phone call away!