Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Marshmallow


Thursday night after dinner Micah asked for a marshmallow since he saw one in my hot cocoa. I gave him one and soon Brooklyn was clamoring for one of her own. I handed one off to her and we relaxed for the night. Finally, it was time for bed and as we put her down, I noticed she still had her marshmallow in her hand. She had carried it around with her all night. I whispered to Chad to snatch it from her real quick before we left the room. He told me not to worry about it. He was sure she would just eat it and fall asleep. I decided to go along with it. We left the room and a little later we put Micah down and finally we hit the hay.

In the middle of the night I heard Brooklyn start to cry. Chad got up and went in her room to grab her. I heard her stop crying and then start up again and then stop and start again. Weird. Well, then Chad comes in with her and lays her down next to me. I roll over next to her and cuddle up to sleep again. Next thing I know, Chad walks back in the room with a pair of scissors and cuts that marshmallow out of her hair! Huh? It was the middle of the night and I was groggy. I don't think I got what I had just seen, so I fell back asleep.

In the morning I woke up and first thing I realize is what happened last night. "Um Chad, I hope I was dreaming, but I really think I wasn't. Did you CUT a marshmallow out of Brooklyn's hair last night?" "Yeah." "Why would you do that? You can wash it out with water." "I don't know, I couldn't think of that in the middle of the night." Crud, so now I have to assess the damage. I put her in a bath, since she still had more in her hair. After it is washed and dried, I get a look at it. There are some pieces on the top of her head that are, no joke, two inches long! Luckily, it sort of blends.

Here are the lessons learned: 1. Never put your kid to bed with anything sticky. Consider the worst case scenario and convince yourself that this is a valid possibility. 2. Never trust Chad with scissors in the middle of the night. Well, basically don't let Chad make any decisions in the middle of the night. He is a walking dead man at that hour!

6 Quick Thoughts:

Ali said...

Oh no! Now you have to find a new hiding spot for your scissors from all three of your kids! ;)

...that's a great story.

Carrie Braunalicious said...

OMG. That is an amazing story. Good thing Brooklyn is too cute for words. BTW- I hate the way the word "marshmallow" is spelled. I'm thinking of writing to Websters to ask it be changed to "marshmellow."

Tanya said...

lol, poor Brooklyn, it is a good thing she is so little and will look darling no matter what :D

The Burnetts said...

That's hilarious! Trust the dad to fix the problem (or just cut it out)! So funny :)

The Bradys said...

hahahah i love it! luke would have been the same way in the middle of the night. hes worthless before 9am hahah

Russ and Debbie said...

hahahaha... that's hilarious! Chad, you just made my night! :)